Medication mention count in User Cards

I took a look at what medication people are mentioning in their user cards today (ā€œMed #1/2ā€).

The following graph lists all medication or supplements mentioned twice or more, ordered by total mentions.

Note Iā€™ve cleaned up the data a lot (spelling!!) and use the scientific, rather than brand names. It does not take into account combinations, itā€™s just a blunt count. If you donā€™t recognise your med here, itā€™s either fairly rare (iā€™ve not shown ones only mentioned once), or you are not familiar with the scientific name of your med :wink:

Apologies for the res, but clicking on the graph improves the view immensely

10 Likes

Thanks for all of the hard work James!

3 Likes

Very interesting. Very, very interesting.

1 Like

Thanks alot for this :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Now, correct me if Iā€™m wrong but this count is ā€˜mentionsā€™ - not just from Success Stories, but full mentions with your written provisos. Very interesting because I think it pretty safe to say it could well be a strong imdication of What Really Does Work for us lot. Helen

I think that is incorrect. I believe James took the medications from our ā€œUser Cards.ā€ Those are our user profiles where we have ā€œMed #1ā€ and ā€œMed #2.ā€

You can view anyoneā€™s ā€œUser Cardā€ by clicking on their user name. Here is your ā€œUser Card:ā€

Thanks for that. I did wonder how heā€™d collected it. Never knew what a ā€˜User Cardā€™ was really. Never had cause to think about it before. As thatā€™s the source itā€™s even more surprising it rather reflects success. Maybe just coincidence then. Particularly as some seem out of date anyway. Helen

Yes, correct Anna. Collected from user profiles which are reflected on the user cards.

So what people are taking regardless of outcome. Youā€™d hope most were getting some benefit though given the downsides!

I did remind people to update those but Iā€™m sure some are out of date.

Take it for what it is.

I wish more people would add their location (at least their country, and preferably their city or region) to their user cards. Itā€™s fun to see where everyone lives!

3 Likes

Your wish is my command. Helen

1 Like

btw, Iā€™m sure youā€™ve all seen this?:

https://www.mvertigo.org/t/poll-the-big-med-poll-what-is-helping-helped-you/14614

Another way of looking at it ā€¦ Propanolol scores surprisingly low on that poll.

No surprise to me. Most modern people are just not patient enough to wait long enough for it to work. It does seem very dose dependent and it took eight months from hitting a (fairly) effective dose before my 24/7 rotary dizziness even started to stop but it did, eventually. And one acute full on attack in over three years is so much better than the four/five in less than a year in the year before I swallowed my first tablet. Also itā€™s a very straightforward med, or seems so to me. No sting in the tail. I know some people react to it very early on, BP drops I guess, and have to quit but if that doesnā€™t happen most seem OK. I upped and upped the dose and the only side effect was an increased pile of pill boxes for recycling! Helen