Alice in Wonderland Syndrome

Just wondering if anyone has or has experienced chronic ā€œAlice in wonderlandā€ syndrome symptoms. This has been a big issue for me and my chronic dizziness. Anyone find relief over time?

This one comes up a lot as a topic, so please do a search within this site. Most of us end up on some sort of preventative. None work for everyone and you donā€™t know until you try them which might work best for you. It takes a while sometimes (months, years) to find the right mix. However once you do, a lot of the crazy visual stuff calms down.

3 Likes

https://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/alice-wonderland-syndrome#1

Iā€™ve heard a lot of people on here mentioning ā€˜lines curvingā€™ and ā€˜colours appearing brighterā€™ which according to this article seems closely linked but, in my time on here, I donā€™t recall another case of AIW Syndrome though there are plenty of archive mentions a surprisingly large amount I thought considering it is apparently one of the much less common symptoms we suffer.

2 Likes

Yes Iā€™ve done some searching but was looking more for recent findings as well, it does seem rare. Thanks for the info!

If you count everything but the size issues, I think youā€™ll find the rest of that list is very common here. I have all the items on the list (from your article) except for the size distortion.

1 Like

Whow! While hereā€™s hoping I donā€™t have that left to come. Iā€™ve never really looked at AIW syndrome before Now but from this article it looks much like the far end of the visual spectrum so I guess most of the other symptoms are pretty common.

Yes, I have this 24/7. Everything just feels off. I feel a few inches behind my eyes. Everything is in slow motion. Itā€™s just all off and looks wrong. Thatā€™s my main symptom, it sucks

3 Likes

Yes, I can relate 100% to that description.