Amitriptyline how soon does it work?

I was on pizotifen for 6 mths didn’t see a huge benefit so came off (big mistake) and went on Ami this was 19 days ago. I was struggling so another gp put me back on 1.5mg piz too. He said he wouldn’t come down and start at the same time. I’ve been on 30mg for 5 days now and had a very bad day today. It seemed to step up a notch when i upped the tablets. When will I see any benefits? Thanks xx

— Begin quote from “Furryclure”

I was on pizotifen for 6 mths didn’t see a huge benefit so came off (big mistake) and went on Ami this was 19 days ago. I was struggling so another gp put me back on 1.5mg piz too. He said he wouldn’t come down and start at the same time. I’ve been on 30mg for 5 days now and had a very bad day today. It seemed to step up a notch when i upped the tablets. When will I see any benefits? Thanks xx

— End quote

I really didn’t notice any positive effects for about five weeks.

thanks x

I have a question for those that have had success on using Ami! When did you guys start noticing improvement ? After how many weeks? Im on my second week and i feel like im only getting worse.

As other said it did something for me fairly quickly, but they also pushed me to 30mg a day which gave me side effects I really didn’t like, not just a dry mouth, but feeling off.

1 Like