Anyone get bad dizziness from trying B2/Riboflavin?

Since B2 Riboflavin has been known to help with migraine, I thought I should try. So last night I took 1 pill of 100mg and this morning again 1 pill of 100mg. But today I feel awfully dizzy and feel much worse getting swaying etc. Has anyone here tried B2 vitamin and feel worse on it?
I decided to stop that now, since it’s been a bad day.

About a week ago, I decided to change my Magnesium supplement to Mg Oxide with B6 sold by Solgar. And that did not provoke any bothersome symptoms on top of what I’m already dealing with.
So I will continue that. My neurologist never mentioned B2 but I just wanted to try to see if it will help. But given my condition today, that is the only thing that could have triggered worse feeling. Would appreciate any feedback.

1 Like

I’m another one. Magnesium is great but I get worse dizzies with B2. I just don’t use it and stick to my magnesium glycinate. Think everyone is different and just that we don’t need to supplement with B2 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And magnesium Glycinate gave me some of the worse objective vertigo I have ever experienced.

Mine did. Spoke very highly of it as a proven preventative. She s thought the only two nutraceuticals worth bothering with were B2 and co enzyme Q10. I lasted one week on 100mg B2 and lost interest in the Q10 so never bothered.

I have been taking B2, CoQ10 and magnesium for about 3 months now. I don’t feel any difference, neither positive nor negative. I wonder whether it is worthwhile to continue taking them.

Hi- I expect everyone is really different. I’m menopausal and MAV came on with perimenopause so that will be a factor for me. Magnesium helps my restless legs and sleep as well …which then helps may migraine…

For what it’s worth the same consultant told me to try each of those she selected separately for a couple of months and to only continue if I then saw positive benefit otherwise stop. It does not appear to be standard practice in the U.K. to prescribe any vitamins or supplements as routine treatment as must be the case in some other countries. I state this from my own experience and that of what I’ve noticed on this forum. I’ve always presumed a healthy well nourished body would have no need for such things. More recently the need of Vitamin D supplementation in certain countries has perhaps become a necessity.

1 Like

I took riboflavin for some months. No positive change, I did notice an increase in nausea, which is often a precursor to my attacks and wondered whether it was the riboflavin making me feel nauseous so I stopped taking it. The nausea then improved.

1 Like

Yes, could not take it either, very strong reaction. Have been taking magnesium oxide for years. I think it helps with the migraines. Sometimes I will take one right when dizziness starts and it calms it down. Might be a placebo but I don’t think it hurts anything so I keep taking it!

1 Like