Aural intervention and rehab

My physical therapist mentioned that balance is part of a tripartite system: feet and ankles, hearing and vision. Her rehab exercises for me were visual and foot balance, but there was nothing for hearing. That surprised me as I’ve been using binaural and isochronic beats for emotional therapy and meditation for years. The binaural brain entrainment has been effective for interventions when my symptoms get worse and especially for rehab exercise, and I was using it before I had a VM diagnosis. My rehab exercise thats most effective is to walk or run on a treadmill or elliptical while watching a virtual hike or run video through nature trails. While doing this though I am listening to binaural tracks with headphones. It always helps and seems to work well for long term if I do it every day. I use Iawaketechnologies app and soundtracks (primarily the Digital Acupuncture track for this exercise) which seem expensive, but compared to everything else and the fact I want to avoid meds as much as possible, it is cheap over the long run.

I am very curious about why binaural is not a mainstream intervention, as the research is solid. Is anyone else using binaural and if not I’m hoping you could give it a try and let me know if you think this is good for others or is it just me. I find good relief from using it.

1 Like

Wow. That’s the first I’ve heard of it. Thank you for sharing.

I came across this thread after searching binaural on here.
I have just started with a different physiotherapist (a second one has moved away-is it me :joy:) and she mentioned using binaural sounds for help with tinnitus.
If my dizziness is accompanied by Tinnitus it’s always a signpost that head pain will be on its way. I used binaural sounds yesterday when I felt a migraine coming on, and it may just be a coincidence but my head pain didn’t fully develop. A couple of aspirins and a lie down and I was much better than usual!
Any one else used this?