Autoimmune conditions and its relationsip with vestibular issues

Hello,
Ive got many autoimmune conditions and I theorize that these conditions are related to my dizziness/vertigo.
My autoimmune diseases include:
vitiligo
a rare but excruciatingly painful disease called post-orgasmic illness syndrome
irritable bowel syndrome
severe allergies

I think that an out of control immune response has damaged the important balance nerves and neurons. Permanent destruction of nerves and neurons can explain the persistence of 24/7 symptoms.

Severe autoimmune diseases(crohn’s disease, psoriasis ) run on my mother’s side of family.
My symptoms are 24/7 rocking, swaying which are controlled to some extent by benzos.
Do any of you suffer from any autoimmune conditions?

1 Like

I have had positive ANA tests over the years that have amounted to nothing. I’ve also had some condition that they’ve called chronic fatigue syndrome, and then fibromyalgia since I was 19 (I am 51). Recently, in addition to a positive ANA test, my anti-dsDNA antibody test was positive, but at a low titer. I was referred to a rheumatologist, who doesn’t think I have any autoimmune diseases because I don’t meet full criteria. But I am now being followed to see if lupus or another one develops.

1 Like

Hi. I have autoimmune conditions, ulcerative colitis and parathyroid disease.Bad allergies also, but don’t think they are autoimmune nor is IBS.Not sure if my migraines are related though as had them for ever.Also history of recurrent miscarriages which might be,will never know.I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue,me, about 15 years ago. I have had a negative ANA test years ago.R.

Yes I’ve had positive Ana tests for years and have M.E quite severely. For me, the mav set in for the past 9 years and I know they are tied to one another

1 Like

I’ve npt been tested for any autoimmune conditions, are any of you in the uk on the nhs?

Hi there. I am in the UK and a patient on the NHS. Unfortunately there is no specific test,I think, for autoimmune disease.

2 Likes

I’ve read there are over 80 different autoimmune conditions so I’d imagine it would be very unlikely. In UK on NHS I doubt they would test for any unless the person met full criteria. It’s unusual that they would be interested in establishing a root cause for MAV beyond ruling out tumours, other nasties and the obvious movement disorders that share a large percentage of the same symptoms. I’ve read a very telling remark that kind of indicates the level of interest in such things. It said ‘if the migraine preventatives work then it was probably migraine/MAV you had!’ That’s obviously assumed to be sufficient. With most people I suppose it is. Helen

2 Likes