Been drinking Matcha for about a month...

I read about Matcha being a “superfood” and wanted to try it after almost 8 years no caffeine. I also missed the ritual of a morning beverage. I really haven’t had any issues, and have been enjoying adding something new to my very limited life. Until late yesterday afternoon i started to sway, or feel like i was swaying and my footing felt like i was in a boat. Still experiencing this today. Like my head is constantly moving. Could it be the matcha after drinking with no issues for a month? Would a trigger take that long to reveal itself? Or maybe its not related to the matcha at all and is something going on outside? Now i dont know if i should quit matcha. Ugh…so frustrating!

1 Like

Matcha made my VM symptoms very bad. I think its the caffeine content getting slowly absorbed into the bloodstream, which seems to aggravate VM.

I would try to stay away from caffeine permanently honestly…I know its hard, but its so bad for chronic migraine. Heal Your Headache slams this point over and over again ad nauseum

2 Likes

Did you notice issue with matcha right away or did it take awhile to become a problem? Ive been drinking for a month with no increased symptoms so thought i was good to go?

I don’t really remember honestly…I remember not realizing it was a problem for a while though, so maybe the latter.

1 Like

Ah good to know. So perhaps it does take awhile to become a trigger. Thats a bummer. Hopeful that once i stop drinking i will go back to baseline quickly!

1 Like

good luck…if you’re into the ritual of drinking something hot, decaffeinated English breakfast tea has been my go-to. That and I like to drink some cold coconut water in the morning too. its expensive but i never have to worry about my electrolytes getting messed up

1 Like

Ooo thanks for coconut water tip. Ive been curious about it but didnt know if it would also cause issue. Ive heard its very hydrating too! Appreciate your replies.

1 Like