Blurred vision being on Effexor

Hi Everyone,

I’m a little worried and scared. I have strange blurred vision all of a sudden and I only been on Effexor for less than 3 weeks…
I have to call Hain tomorrow to see if this is normal…I’m freaking out…
Any thoughts??

Emma

Hi Emma,

I had blurred vision on higher doses of Cipramil but it would get better over time. Molly mentioned too that she had blurry vision when she bumped up the dose of Paxil weeks ago and then it totally resolved after a short while. You recently bumped up the Effexor correct? How much are you on at the moment? I’m very certain it will only be a temporary glitch and nothing to worry about. One other thing: could it be a migraine thing going on or do you think it definitely kicked in after the dose increase? I had really screwed up vision for a solid week after the trip home from Canada and it was all migraine.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I’m so happy you responded. I just had a 3 day migraine attack that ended today, and I increased the dose Saturday to 12 mg on Effexor. I’m not sure what’s going on…I talked to my local pharmacist and she told me I shouldn’t be having those side effects that early on…I thought I was doing well and I can deal with most side effects but not when it messes up with my vision…
Do you think it has to do with my migraine attack? I never had blurred vision from that before…
When I read about Effexor one of the side effects is blurry vision…I don’t like it…

By the way are you on Paxil? are you completely done with Effexor?

Emma

Hey Emma,

It’s hard to know what’s causing the blurred vision because there are two variables – the increase in Effexor and your recent 3-day migraine attack. But considering you’ve never had the blurred vision before it seems most likely to be the Effexor. I would just sit tight and ride this out. The blurred vision should clear within a week I would imagine regardless of the cause. It’s definitely not some permanent thing.

I got down to 14 beads of the Effexor and suddenly started to feel ok again - in fact, much better than I ever did on 5HTP or SJW. It doesn’t feel very robust but it’s not too bad. At least I’m not getting headaches at the moment and I sleep 8 hours straight again. So for now, I’m going to sit tight here and maybe increase effexor again but slowly and only bead by bead over time. My heel still hurts a little but I can handle this for now.

Take care … Scott 8)

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the advice. I will talk to Hain tomorrow and figure it out. I let you know what happens.

Best,

Emma

My vision has been off for some time now (although I check out 100% fine with my eye doc). I was told that it is a migraine symptom. Hard to know what is drug related and what is our migraine

My vision was off every evening in between the vertigo attacks, so I guess that was migraine too.
Christine

My vision does not seem right when I am having bad dizziness. Hard to describe it but I would say it feels like it is hard for my eyes to focus when I am dizzy. My eye Dr. said that is common with dizziness.

Hi Everyone,

I talked to Hain and he told me that 5% in younger women are very sensitive to Effexor, but that I should try to stick with it anyways. My vision is better today, so I feel relieved.

Emma