Blurry Vision - New Symptom?

Hi - Does anyone get sudden temporary blurry vision? I have never had this before but it happened last night. I got up after watching TV and was getting ready and when I looked in the mirror my vision was completely blurred - like nothing I have every experienced. It lasted for about 30 - 40 minutes. I happened to have an appt with my neuro today. He thought it could be a changing aura but said to keep an eye on it as it could also mean I have pressure built up behind my eyes??
I have migraine with aura, no headache but my visual aura hasn’t change in 25 years and its the scitoma (sp?) ie missing spot in vision and then wavy lines, etc. not this profound blurriness in both eyes.

UGH - on Day 9 of the verapamil and not really noticing any change. My week has been up and down - some days better but then yesterday I had increased weird visual perception. Like my spatial perception was all out of whack. It actually felt different from my normal stuff - rocking, and jumpy vision. And then this blurry episode last night.

I don’t know how much more of this I can take. I seriously don’t know how to keep going with this… it’s a beautiful day here and I just feel like crap. I am really sick of this. Just really feeling like I can’t cope today. Plus I ended up not going on my last work trip bc I was too afraid to fly. I really need to make it cross country this week (SF to Orlando) and starting to stress about that…

Sorry for the vent!!
Ali

— Begin quote from “RobertAX”

Hi - Does anyone get sudden temporary blurry vision? I have never had this before but it happened last night. I got up after watching TV and was getting ready and when I looked in the mirror my vision was completely blurred - like nothing I have every experienced. It lasted for about 30 - 40 minutes.
Ali

— End quote

I was experiencing blurred vision a couple of months ago. It was like my eyes were not adjusting to the new depth I was looking at. Stare at something close up, like a computer screen, then look at something outside the window and it would be blurred, taking 5 to 10 minutes or more to bring it into focus. I’m not experiencing that now… what I do have is many more floaters, dark spots that move. At least they are easier to ignore.
Cat

I get the blurred vision all the time. Comes and goes. S

— Begin quote from “scott”

I get the blurred vision all the time. Comes and goes. S

— End quote

Same here, but more when exposed to bright lights or lots of rows in stores, its like a foggy vision type thing.

To RobertAx from Roxie

Think you said you were on day 9 of Verapamil? Could/is/did the blurry vision start after you started taking that or have you had it for a while?

And I sure get the frustration with being afraid to travel. In hindsite, I was withdrawing more and more the first year of my off-balance/dizzy and even after my diagnosis of Meniere’s and MV because I didn’t want to be in some airport, spinning (literally!), all alone and far from home! But, recently, I’ve realized that’s what the Meclizine and Ativan are for…the times I need to ‘mush on’… and they both help. I take a ‘normal dose’ of Meclizine and 1/4 dose Ativan and seem to be able to get thru a day of work, etc. Of course I only work 2 days/week and ready to pass out when I get home but at least I feel like I’ve accomplished something!

And I just read a neat thing recently. Alan Shepard, the Astronaut, suffered from Meniere’s and I figure if he could ‘fly to the moon’, I’d try flying south to ‘Boss Angeles’ and on to Boston!

Roxie