The Vestibular Disorders Support Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

Body vibrations

Do you have this symptom when having a vestibular migraine?
My body starts vibrating from head to my legs and my body feels like it is being electrocuted with vibrations.
If so do you know what medicine have you found that works to stop that? So far I haven’t found a medicine that cures it.

Try the ‘amplification’ section. Never experienced that myself but I get the tingling/shivery ‘I’m about to go down with the flu’ type sensation which @Amylouise refers to as her ‘Goosebumps’. Everybody describes these things differently. Just maybe you have an extreme case that feels even worse still. Helen

https://www.thewaltoncentre.nhs.uk/uploadedfiles/leaflets/Migraine%20-%20A%20Comprehensive%20Guide.pdf

1 Like

Holly cow! @Onandon03 this is exactly how I’ve been feeling for the past two day, a sensation of “goosebumps” throughout my body without the actual physical goosebumps, I couldn’t find a way to describe it

There you see. One man’s Imminent Flu is another’s Goosebumps, and possibly a third’s Electric Shocks thru the body. Everybody feels and describes each sensation differently. Helen

2 Likes

I feel cold and sort of sick a lot - goosebumps and imminent flu. Had that electrocution feeling detoxing from Effexor.

1 Like

Thank you so much for posting this. I realize you may no longer be here since this is from 2019, but nevertheless I am relieved to find someone describe exactly what I am experiencing.

I feel like I am plugged into an electric socket. :zap::zap:Internal vibrations from head to toe. Sometimes the vibrations are so strong and electrical that I cannot lie on my left side because I feel them in my chest near my heart. They wake me up at night. They come on suddenly anytime. They last for days and sometimes weeks. Occasionally I will get a day without them and I am so grateful. I have told every doctor, but no answers yet. My pain management doctor did mention a central nervous system issue, since I already have CRPS. I did read through the reference cited below regarding migraine amplification. :+1: I found someone describe “earthquake on topamax” but my electrical body vibrations began prior to starting topamax.

I wonder if anyone else out there is currently experiencing these internal tremors and if anyone has any suggestions on what to do to help them calm down?

I have tried calming teas passionflower, valerian root, ginger, lavender (can’t do chamomile due to ragweed allergy), essential oils, breathing, meditation, yoga, Epsom salt baths… nothing is helping…

Very interested to see this post. I started having these vibrations occasionally when my VM started in September.
They only happen when I’m asleep and seem to be part of the waking process.
My whole body from toes to my head vibrates quite strongly. No idea if it’s an actual physical vibration or just a sensation in my head.
I still get it now I’m on amitriptyline but less frequently.