brand new! Brain injury.

Hey there! Three years ago I was a pedestrian hit by a car. I was in a brief coma, and have a broken hip as well. The virtigo JUST RECENTLY has popped up in my life. Before this I was on venlafaxine, which I quit because I couldnā€™t create while taking it- super uncomfotable! Before this I have always been a bit of an artist and songwriter, Iā€™ve always been in bands and am actually working in the music industry (sorta). The inability to create while on venlafaxine made me feel hollow.

Iā€™m off everything right now but in inquiries with my doctor about anxiety meds. Stories about the dizzyness in big stores and when facing a mirror Iā€™ve read here are super helpful, nice to know Iā€™m not the only one having reactions to those specific stimuli. Gonna keep looking around to see if anything helps these specific situations.

1 Like

Welcome. I found a similar problem with Amitriptyline. I found it ā€˜dulled my brainā€™. Itā€™s hard to express how this felt, but when I came off it I actually felt ā€˜smarterā€™. Weird.

Hope you are recovering well from your injuries!

Check out (research) CBD for anxiety. I use non-THC, organic, 3rd party tested CBD tincture and it has helped me with my symptoms. Itā€™s all natural and non-pharmaceutical and has been reported to help many people with anxiety, as well as many other symptoms. If youā€™re in the US you donā€™t need a medical card to purchase. You should be able to find a local doctor whom is certified to issue a medical card (if you so choose) with whom you can talk to about the use of CBD for anxiety, dosage, and if/how it might react with other meds and/or supplements you take, etc. CBD is a specialized topic for a specialized

Migraine is very common after brain injury. Find a neuro-otologist and Treat for migraine, see if you can find the right meds. Unfortunately different meds work for different people so itā€™s trial and error.

You can get the right mix though.

Good luck!