Candida diet + food

Hi, ive had MAV now for about 4 years, currently on pregabalin…all very steady. no symptoms at all. Have just this week started the Candida diet and am suffering a mild headache, which am told is normal with this diet if you suffer from candida overgrowth. But i am a bit concerned that these headaches, which inc some light sensitivity are MAV related and that the lack of sugar intake on this diet is triggering my MAV. I know that skipping meals is one of the MAV triggers - is that because of the drop in blood sugar level ? in which case would a Candida diet, which cuts out your sugar intake, be any good ? Any thoughts please ?

Hi, never heard anybody currently posting on here refer to a Candida Diet as yet. Don’t know anything about It so checked it out. Superficially looks much like most Migraine Diets. You need to check the differences I guess. That might solve your problem. I’ve never heard or read anything about a lack of sugar causing MAV. I do know active MAV just doesn’t appreciate change in any form and reacts accordingly. As you say skipping meals is a trigger for many. It doesn’t take much to increase the hypersensitivity associated with MAV. Perhaps you need to introduce it low n slow as you would medication.

If you use the forum’s Search facility there are about 10 posts on the subject might give you some assistance.

Looks from what I found on the internet. First and only document I checked out you are experiencing a common initial reaction, Helen

https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition/candida-diet-beginners-guide-detailed-food-list-meal-plan/

Yeah Candida is one of those subjects that aren’t well supported by science - in the same group as things like homeopathy. I would try a migraine diet before a Candida one. And yes, changing your diet too much can give you headaches. Skipping meals is no good for me, but others do great with it. At any rate, good luck and let us know how you get on with it!

1 Like