Cbd

Hi:
Has any one in this group tried CBD?

Thanks!

Do you mean CBT? Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?

CBT (if thatā€™s what you mean) can be helpful in changing the way you deal with difficult circumstances or conditions - ie helps with how you manage the impact of this condition on your life, and how you psychologically deal with it. That can in turn help the symptoms because stress can be a major problem with, and trigger for, these kind of disorders.

1 Like

If you are talking about CBD oil, I have tried it. It helped for awhile, I felt the clouds and fog go away however I developed severe tension headaches and I think floaters as a result. Maybe I didnā€™t try the right one? Experimenting will surely tell with time, everything is different for everyone. Good luck!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been looking into CBD oil in the last week or so - Iā€™m getting a sample sent from CBD Brothers (UK) to try, as Iā€™m nervous of it making me worse, and they offered a trial! - Iā€™ve read mixed things about it on a VM Facebook group I occasionally dip into. CBD Brothers also advised everybody is different, which is why they offer samples. I could see it really helping with my anxiety, and general relaxation of tension (in shoulders and neck etc.), which in turn should feed into migraines getting better as those triggers should be reducedā€¦ thatā€™s my theory. I also just feel like it should spread a ā€˜calmā€™ over my brainā€¦ which would be delightful :slight_smile:

Tracey x

1 Like

turnitaround , No, I meant CBD oil.

1 Like

Got it. No wonder you were asking :slight_smile:

Good luck! hope you succeed. I found out CBD in Israel is illegal , so that;s it for us. No CBD.

you could always have someone from the US send it to you. I would be willing to help you out if youā€™re still interested, theres a company I buy from called Charlotteā€™s Web by the Stanley Brothers and they are extremely reputable, its the best strain out there. No THC or marijuana. If you want to purchase you can add me on Facebook and we can go from there!

Iā€™ve been using CBD to help manage the ongoing nausea that comes along with my dizziness and other symptoms. Itā€™s been extremely helpful for me with nausea, with some added side benefits of helping with the anxiety of managing this condition and its varying symptoms.

Thereā€™s more and more research being done on CBD for treating various conditions, including migraine. Just make sure to check your stateā€™s regulations and make sure youā€™re getting it from a reputable source. Iā€™d recommend being careful until you know your individual tolerances. I started with one drop a day and increased to 7 drops, twice daily. There are huge variations in quality, purity, and testing from suppliers.

In theory, the benefits of a ā€œfull-spectrumā€ CBD (full spectrum meaning it would include the very low / within legal limits amount .03% of THC allowed) are greater than the benefits of just an isolate, but virtually all of the clinical research has been done on isolate. That doesnā€™t make isolate superior. Some people cannot tolerate even trace amounts of THC because of the ā€œheadyā€ effects of it. If youā€™re one of those people, isolate is probably your safest bet.

CBD is not the only cannabinoid in the profiles of hemp, though, there are lots of others and weā€™re still discovering what they all do and how they work with our bodyā€™s own endocannabinoid system and receptors. For example, there is also CBDA (the raw acid form of CBD before itā€™s been decarboxylized), and it has almost 200x the serotonin effect of CBD. Iā€™m hoping for more research on that, given the link between antidepressants and MAV treatment protocols.

Sorry if this is too much information. This is my first post and I want to be helpful!

Just FYI, some of the companies have reduced fee programs for veterans and folks on disability. I know Lazarus is one such company. Sun and Soil out of Vermont is organic and price-wise, excellent.

As a side note, if anyone is interested, I have read about the abortive benefits of CBD (preferably flower bud not an oil that could potentially have dangerous additives), if smoked or vapedā€“it enters the bloodstream more quickly which is helpful if youā€™re having an attack, however then youā€™re dealing with the combustion aspect and it not being great for your lungsā€¦ As far as I know, though, thereā€™s no risk of rebound like there can be with prescription abortives.

There is an online site I found that has info about cannabis (in all of its forms) and migraine.
http://migrainebuds.com

Take care, all!

2 Likes

Yep, they are the best value I think. I use them.