Christmas motivation : Living moment to moment

https://themighty.com/2018/12/living-moment-to-moment-chronic-illness/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=NP&utm_campaign=Vestibular_Disorder_Association

Found this blog post especially useful for us MAVericks where we need to hold on to good moments and not lose hope.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this. What an inspiration.
I definitely haven’t reached acceptance yet.
Christmas is a beautiful but tough time I find. I like seeing family, but am also reminded of everything I’ve lost in the past half year.
That said, I keep going, I’ve been given the gift of life, and of a child to look after.
I wish you all a good Christmas.

4 Likes

@LucyLabrador hope you have a beautiful Christmas with your little one :christmas_tree:

Merry Christmas

2 Likes

Powerful read thanks for sharing :blush:

1 Like

Have a lovely Christmas Lucy :santa:

1 Like

Merry Christmas everyone!

As Christmas is upon us once again, and I am more or less confined to bed, I find myself seeking out the voices of others who are in a similar predicament. It was Covid infection this year that tipped me over the edge, and though I am slowly (VERY slowly) making my way back to baseline, I am reminded again of how I, and those close to me, must adjust to this new way of being. Since I first got ill 6 years ago, I have had many ups and downs and plenty of challenging Christmases, and have always hoped and prayed for a better year next time around. But what I have learned is to really notice and take in the good when it comes and try to find trust within through the bad - trust that it will get easier again soon.

Today I will be listening to Carols, having a mince pie if I can stomach it, and reflecting on the year that’s been, remembering all my high moments.

Wishing you all a joyous and peaceful day, regardless of how well you feel. :green_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart:

7 Likes

What a lovely piece of writing :sparkling_heart: I hope you get well soon and try and have a nice Christmas. You will get better soon :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes