Clonazepam, when needed?

Does anyone know how quickly it works, and how much to take?

Hi Line-
I have a prescription for it but the most I have taken is a half a pill. I seemed slightly calmer and things improved a bit within about half hour or so, I am sure that the effect would have been much better if I had taken the whole pill like my MD suggested.
Hope you are doing well!
Cartney

— Begin quote from “cartnurse”

Hi Line-
I have a prescription for it but the most I have taken is a half a pill. I seemed slightly calmer and things improved a bit within about half hour or so, I am sure that the effect would have been much better if I had taken the whole pill like my MD suggested.
Hope you are doing well!
Cartney

— End quote

Thank you for your reply…

Is that a half of a 0.5 mg?

Yes, I took 0.25, probably did very little for me but it did enough to calm things down. Have a great day!

It hits a little slow, maybe 45 minutes. The standard dose is .25 to .5 mg, rarely over that amount for MAV.

And it doesn’t really knock you out the way that valium and xanax do, so the only thing you notice is the lack of anxiety/dizziness.

I used to take 1/4 of a 0.5 tablet before bedtime before I started on an SSRI. It was a small amount but it helped.

I take 1/4 of a .5mg pill daily. I notice nothing other than a bit clearer with less dizziness.
Longshort,
You don’t need it anymore?? The celexa did the trick?

Kelley

I how been taking .5 mg of Clonazepam, three times a day since 2007. It was the first drug that I was put on, prior to my perilymph fistula repair surgery.

Claudia

— Begin quote from “rockyksmom”

I take 1/4 of a .5mg pill daily. I notice nothing other than a bit clearer with less dizziness.
Longshort,
You don’t need it anymore?? The celexa did the trick?

Kelley

— End quote

I switched to Valium as needed because I thought that the Klonopin might have been making my hair thinner (turns out it was likely the shampoo I was using). I take it about every other night, 2mg.

The Celexa has me at about 90+% during the day. However, night is still my worst time. I fell much better when I can be assured of good sleep without fear of spinning.

I’d like to cut out all benzos but I am not quite there yet.

Thank you all so much. I am feeling much better on the Nortriptoline. But so good to have something for the bad days!

Best from Line