Clonidine Hydrochloride

Anyone ever heard of Clonidine Hydrochloride? I went to see Dr Surenthiran last week and he gave me a prescription. Of course I Googled it and to be honest it scares me. Apparently it slows your heart down. I already have a very slow heart rate. I asked him if I could take it with the Nortriptlyne (yes Im still going up and down on this stuff after 3 years with no joy!) The Nort. causes me to have major heart palpitations if I take over 30mg. He told me to check with the pharmacy to see if it was safe… apparently not. It’s meant to be lethal… So I won’t be taking that. So I guess I will have to wait another 6 months to tell him that I can’t take them together. :expressionless:
Anyone tried it?

I have heard of Clonidine to help with withdrawals from SSRI’s…I think I read on Dr. Hain’s website (a reputable neurologist) that it doesn’t work for migraine prevention…

Not sure why Dr. S prescribed it…can you call and speak to his nurse? You shouldn’t have to wait 6 months for him to rectify his mistake!!
Kelley

Medications that are reportedly not effective in preventing migraine include acebutolol, clomipramine, clonazepam, clonidine, indomethacin, nicardipine, nifedipine, and pindolol (Silberstein, 2000).

from dr. Hain website…
fyi

Kelley

Thanks Kelley, for your reply :slight_smile:
Unfortunately the NHS waiting list is so long, we have to wait. I normally get to see him 2x a year if I’m lucky. I have called his office before and 9 times out of 10 no one ever calls me back, or I receive a letter months later telling me that we will discuss medication on my next visit. I am very grateful that he took me on, but to be honest I have yet to see any progress. It’s been 3 years. I am going to see if I can see Prof.Bronstein as a second opinion & see how that goes.
Fingers crossed !