Computers a trigger?

OK this may sound ridiculous but does anyone believe that computers/monitors could be a trigger?
I’ve spent 7 weeks trying to identify any food triggers with absolutely no success but instead have noticed that it could in fact be sitting at the computer which is causing most my grief

Twice now (including today) I’ve stayed away from my computer all day and had what I would say is a 90-95% day, till I get home and fire up the computer.Today I’ve felt great virtually all day, been out and about, up the driving range and even into a large shop with little to no problems, got home sat down for an hour - still ok, switched on the computer and WHAM!!! Head f#ck, balance out, ear pains and tinnitus within 10 minutes…WHY?

Anybody relate to this?

Chris

Chris,

The computer is a trigger for me, but not to the extreme it seems it might be for you. It is just one of my many triggers and diet is a primary issue for me. I would say unless you work on a computer all day, if your theory holds true, you should consider yourself pretty lucky. Identifying one primary trigger that you can control would be a godsend. I hope this is the case for you!

Marci

Yes, the computer has triggered severe dizziness and sometimes full blown vertigo for me, but I usually have to be on it longer than 10 minutes, more like 2 hours or more, unless I am feeling already bad before I go on it then it doesnt take long.

Christine

Hi Chris,
When My migraine hit an all time high, I realised that TV’s and Computer monitors and fluro lights triggered my migraines faster than anything else.

heres something on it…
vestibular.org/images/pdf/Comput … pubF30.pdf

be well…
jen

— Begin quote from “CJL”

OK this may sound ridiculous but does anyone believe that computers/monitors could be a trigger?
I’ve spent 7 weeks trying to identify any food triggers with absolutely no success but instead have noticed that it could in fact be sitting at the computer which is causing most my grief

Twice now (including today) I’ve stayed away from my computer all day and had what I would say is a 90-95% day, till I get home and fire up the computer.Today I’ve felt great virtually all day, been out and about, up the driving range and even into a large shop with little to no problems, got home sat down for an hour - still ok, switched on the computer and WHAM!!! Head f#ck, balance out, ear pains and tinnitus within 10 minutes…WHY?

Anybody relate to this?

Chris

— End quote

What kind of monitor do you have on your computer? If I were you I’d try to get myself a 120hz flatscreen, because they are the smoothest. Something like this one:

xbitlabs.com/articles/monito … 233rz.html

If you already have a good flatscreen its probably not worth it however; try to turn down the contrast and brightness so it’s easy on the eyes to look at it.

Hi Chris

Computers are a trigger for me also. i work as an Assistant Accountant and have recently had to reduce my working hours due to my migraines. When i first started having problems my employer removed a light from above my desk which was shining on my computer screen to minimise the glare, i also requested an anti -glare filter to go over the screen.

So if you think the computer is a trigger maybe you could try and ensure there is no glare from light and get some sort of filter. Also if you are on a computer all day, try to take regular breaks. I make sure i get up every hour and get away from the screen to make a drink or something, just to give your eyes a break. Although its a pain stopping working, its definately worth it to prevent a headache!

Rachael

Thanks for the responses.I’ve found wearing shades whilst using the computer helps alot (glare I guess)…Of course staying away altogether seems to be the answer…I even had the odd ‘moment’ when just reading a text message on my phone set me off. I cant believe thats the screen as its only small, must be a visual issue with the words as it happens when I read say a menu in a restaurant aswell???

Cheers

Chris