Cured-ish

Thanks. Yes. And you can only understand because you read his books.
Before I tell you about the MAV, let me briefly tell you this story: I had another chronic condition for 20 years. Not back pain, rather lower in the legs. The condition was not only palpable by doctors/PTs, but also visible: when I have pain the muscles are twitching, visibly. How could anyone suspect that Sarno’s approach would be relevant in this case. But long story short, Sarno cured it where everyone else failed. 20 years doctors have tried. It took me 3 weeks with Sarno. The fact that his method cured a visible muscular condition, meant in my mind that everything is possible.

So I went about addressing my dizziness and migraines the same way. I have a whiteboard at home. I wrote down all observations that seemed to support the idea that my physical symptoms are made worse by fear and anger. I wanted to believe that he is right - which is crucial. He did not want to treat skeptics, as this would not work on someone who does not believe in the potential. So this is the hardest step. I kept reading these every day. And listening to his 10 daily reminders (an audio that you can find online but not on youtube, I will try to find it). More importantly: when I have symptoms, I would talk to myself like a madman. Tell my unconscious to stop distracting me, that this is not working etc.
And I went back doing things that trigger symptoms as soon 3 weeks after improvement. And whenever I get symptoms, I would look at the white board again… and bit by bit here I am playing piano for hours while I wasn’t able to do 5 mins for the last 5 years without getting dizzy. Not to mention my days start with a run. Similarly, impossible just a year ago.

The most important and difficult step is believing him. Skepticism wouldn’t work. This is why it would be helpful to just watch some videos of him online, and just see how sweet and honest he is.

1 Like