Dizzes Getting Together!

This board has been a refuge to me and a wonderful source of information in my plight against this wicked ailment.

Along the way, I have met (and am still meeting :smiley: ) many great people!!!

We (Wife and 2 daughters, 14 and 10) will be seeing ā€œRockysmomā€ (aka Kelley)ā€¦as she and her clan venture up to the great Northwest for a visit during the summer!!!

I will be taking them on a personal pike fishing trip (guided by yours truly :mrgreen: ) and cheffing up a dinner to die for:

New York steaks drizzled with gorgonzola sauce on the back deck overlooking the pine treesā€¦coupled with grilled veggies with spices on them and topped off with a Northwest specialtyā€¦ homemade Huckleberry Cheesecake with homemade vanilla ice-cream. Then, off to the fire pit for some amber ales and red wine and good conversation :smiley: If we are fortunate (we live in the tulles), we will see some deer, moose, turkey, etc out and about).

My analytical mind was thinkingā€¦if you bring two dizzies together, you might have the same effect as having two antibodies with similar ailments but with a common goal ieā€¦Antibody genes also re-organize in a process called class switching that changes the base of the heavy chain to another, creating a different isotype of the antibody that retains the antigen specific variable region. This allows a single antibody to be used by several different parts of the immune system. Henceā€¦WE ARE MAGICALLY HEALED!! Orā€¦we just get buzzed by the fire pit drinking some beer and wine and have some good conversation and meet some new friends from around the country. :mrgreen: Todd

Iā€™m coming to this party.

X

Hey, Since Todd is cooking, I say the more the merrier!!
Iā€™ve been lucky enough to meet 3 people with MAV and they are all awesomeā€¦but sorry Todd, there was no big bang happening that made as better! Maybe the huckleberry cheesecake will be the catalyst? :slight_smile:

Kelley

The Huckleberry Cheesecake will do itā€¦itā€™s all in the preparation and presentation. :smiley:

And Mupā€¦you are invited. However, to add a bit of flair to the partyā€¦you need to bring some food that is native to your area!

And noā€¦you have to be a little more creative than rice or beans :lol:

t

So fun!

I always thought we needed to do a ā€œMAV CONFERENCE!ā€

No, what we need is a MAV benefit concert.

Weā€™ll ask Janet Jackson and that bloke from The Beautiful South (whoā€™s a Dr S patient)to do a few tunes and take it from thereā€¦

Whoā€™s gonna be the host country/

If Kelley has enough wine in her, I am sure she will be willing to karioke a Bon Jovi or Eagles tune for us all by the bon fire. If itā€™s any good, I will pitch $5 bucks into the pot to get the ball rollingā€¦ :mrgreen:

tcs

Rice is not native to us but baked beans yummy!

Iā€™ll make a roast dinner, do proper fish and chips with your catch and a Full English for breakfast followed by a million cups of tea - and not that Lipton crap you lot drink!! :lol:

Todd,
If we have any hopes of seeing any wildlife at all, donā€™t ask me to sing. NO matter what. The only thing I do worse than sing, is danceā€¦have you seen Elaine from Seinfeld dance? She looks like a Pussycat Doll next to me. :slight_smile:

Kelley

Oh, that sounds like wonderful fun! Weā€™re just on the other side of the state. Which is a lot closer than London or Sydney!

The kid is still doing well. His symptoms edged up once in a while (he missed one day of school after Easter because he was too dizzy), but mostly it all seems to be under control.

Mamabear

I would love to have a MAV ā€œconferenceā€ with Toddā€™s good cooking. We sort of had a mini version earlier this year here in Sydney with me, Vic, and Gabrielle at Bronte beach. Given most are in the US, maybe the most central place to have such a meeting is California. Somewhere warm!

ā€œMigraine associated vertigo first World Congress 2012 ā€“ one world sharing knowledgeā€

Scott 8)

Sign me up Scott!
I think it would be great! Although most people like Las Vegas, so I"m in a good spot for people to come to meā€¦lolā€¦although with all the lights and sounds etcā€¦itā€™s prob not the best for Mavā€™ers. What about Lake Como in Italy? We can ask George Clooney to host.
Kelley

Itā€™s a ā€œgoā€ !

Just like Kevin Costner in ā€œField of Dreamsā€ā€¦ā€œIf you build itā€¦he will comeā€.

ā€œIf I host itā€¦they will comeā€ :mrgreen:

The only requirements:

1. Donā€™t bring any food or drinkā€¦just bring a hungry tummy. :smiley:

2. No talking about dizzy stuff while you are at my place! We have all been dealing with this sh## for long enough!

I am sure there is more interesting conversation that we can all come up with :lol:

Place your orders now!

Take care everyone and have a nice rest of your weekend.

t