DNRS/neuroplasticity

Very interesting your post. Good to see you seem yo have found your own way to reduce stress/anxiety and reach acceptance. A few people on here, and no doubt many more who aren’t, have moved forwards with diet, lifestyle changes such as you’ve made (trigger avoidance I always feel’s The Big One) without the need tor meds or expensive counselling courses.

I would love to see your whole experience written up on a mvertigo Personal Diary where your success could perhaps inspire others who are struggling. People enjoy reading stories similar to their own but without more detail it’s hard to know where yours might fit into any of the emerging patterns. Btw notice your user card still lists ‘Lorazapam’. Helen

i tried something like this for a few sessions a couple of years ago.

i would say it may have had a mildly positive effect but it was exorbitantly expensive so i had to stop.

if i remember the theory correctly it was all about training the brain to move to slower brainwaves (beta from alpha?) to reduce stress, migraine, etc?

1 Like

Hi, yes, it’s an important aspect of action and mental health/emotions etc. I’m no brain scientist but I know that the emotions play a big part in our responses. That is to say our appraisals of events often lead to our feelings and then our actions.

2 Likes

@annae00 any update on this? Did you do DNRS and did it help?

Hi Max and welcome. I’ve no idea whether you get a reply from @annae00. She’s not posted on here for a year. I guess she may have been referring to something akin to this link.
https://retrainingthebrain.com/

I’m always very suspicious of many such advertisements for such things. They are after all just that. People trying to market goods. However although I’m no brain doctor I know neuroplasticity is at the root of much Biofeed technology another fairly recent concept and more importantly is behind the much longer established and proven VRT (vestibular rehabitation therapy) and of even longer standing physiotherapy. All involved in creating alternative neural pathways one way or another.

How much MAV type brains respond is probably still unknown but most retraining programmes it seems work best on stable conditions which MAV tends not to be. Improvements tend to revert as soon as the next attack kicks in leaving the ‘retraining’ a constantly ongoing process which, if nothing else, I suspect could well prove expensive.

Had just ordered this online (DNRS) hoping it could help with my ongoing migraine sensitivity to clothing, jewelry, smells, many other random unexplained items but then read this thread and changed my mind. Fortunately they said they would cancel order since it was so soon after. Need to find some solution and feeling as if alot of it is mental at this point. After 7 plus years my world has continued shrinking. We are moving into a renovated house soon and I’m terrified I won’t be able to live in it.

Wow I’m so sorry for replying so late! I tend to hate it when people post about something and then don’t give an update so my apologies for replying 3 years later. I did try it and I think it helped me with anxiety, but I also started taking Effexor around the same time so who knows. To do it completely right it’s very time consuming and hard to stick to, but I think it could really help with anxiety since a lot of it is based on breathing and visualization exercises done ver vigilantly. I don’t think its a full on cure though.

Hey Kier,

I hope you are doing better. I did the DNRS program and though I don’t think it helps with making the dizziness go away or feel better it does help with anxiety. I actually do really think it could help with sensitivity to clothing, jewelry, smells because a lot of that is anxiety related (I think) and thats the type of stuff the program is based on and what the founder says she struggled with herself. I don’t have those types of symptoms (except for maybe smell sensitivity) so I can’t say that I used it for that.