Do any of you experience this?

Hi All,

I’m having a really really bad day. I know Victoria experiences these sorts of symptoms with a full blown attack but wondered if others did too. Here’s what’s going on:

1. It starts with a feeling as though you’ve been hit in the side of the head. You feel a bit stunned and very “off”.
  2. Your vision starts going weird and wobbly. It starts feeling like there is water sloshing around in your head.
  3. Feelings of acute depression hit as the sloshing and general unwell feeling progresses.
  4. Lying horizontal (ie, going to bed) causes you to be very aware of your heart pounding. You then wake in the night feeling completely off your face as though you’ve been drugged and have been tripping out. Your heart sinks and you feel dreadful as you wake up.
  5. Your lower gut is singing and not happy.
  6. By early morning you feel like a freight train ran through you. You feel “sick” and very flat and it’s impossible to keep your vision fixed on a point.
  7. As the new day progresses, anxiety begins and it feels like your fingers are plugged into a socket; there’s a buzzing feeling everywhere. Your hands shake. Derealisation is in full swing.
    8 ) Valium takes the edge off but all you want to do is sit in a dark room in silence and not move and pray that it will all end.

This is what Monday has been like. I can’t relax at all despite doing my best to ignore this craziness. Anyone esle get the above?

Thanks … Scott :?

Hey there battler,

In short, yes. Not all those symptoms, but most of them and with some of my own unique flavour thrown in. On this trip I´m on now I´ve had MAV lurking at the door a lot of the time and rearing up now and then. Valium has been my saviour (dropped a half a few minutes ago with breakfast) and doses of 3 aspirin as well. Had the pounding heart most of last night so took a sleeping pill. Anyone that doesn´t appreciate the benefits of modern pharmaceuticals clearly hasn´t ever had mav!

I think we´ve discussed this before but these days I pretty much attribute anything weird to MAV which at least takes some of the ´what the hell is this´anxiety out of the equation.

I really hope this garbage abates for you soon. Am sending you positive vibes. :wink:
vic

Scott, I can’t really say I get **exactly **the same feelings as you describe here except for the vision problems and depression but I’ve just read this and wanted to say I’m so sorry you’re having such a bad time of it. I do hope you’re feeling some improvement by now. Thoughts are with you.

Brenda

Scott, I too get some of those. Man, you are in a tough spot right now. I now you will make it out and soon! Hang in and be safe with the traveling. Ben

I don’t get the buzzing or heart racing, but have had the visual problems and depression for years now.

My MAV tends to be different than that. I have dizziness/lightheadedness & blurry vision all the time. There are days when the dizziness is definitely more intense. I also get severe migraines headaches at times but never had the feeling of being hit in the head. I also get severe episodes that I described in another post that come on suddenly & I feel like I’m going to pass out. I always have to lay on the floor immediately. Usually right before this, I get a feeling like I want to get out of wherever I am NOW. But I usually don’t have time to get out. I have no gut issues except I’ve recently starting taken medicine for reflux. I started getting heartburn after beginning this endless trial of medications. I have heart palpitations and racing feelings that come & go. They always seem to flare up around my period and beginning or withdrawing from a med. I’m going to have additional testing soon to see if this hole in my heart that they just told me about on Friday is contributing to my heart issues. I have never taken Valium. What exactly does it help with?

Yep sure do!! Pretty close on the symptom list too. I think for myself it has to do with stress, anxiety and not eating but there is always a pounding headache with it. Maybe it’s an MAV attack? I don’t even know for sure if I have MAV, it’s just the best guess at this point. Are you eating well? I found that MAKING myself eat eased the symptoms in a few days.

Sorry you feel so awful!!!

— Begin quote from “scott”

Hi All,

I’m having a really really bad day. I know Victoria experiences these sorts of symptoms with a full blown attack but wondered if others did too. Here’s what’s going on:

1. It starts with a feeling as though you’ve been hit in the side of the head. You feel a bit stunned and very “off”.
  2. Your vision starts going weird and wobbly. It starts feeling like there is water sloshing around in your head.
  3. Feelings of acute depression hit as the sloshing and general unwell feeling progresses.
  4. Lying horizontal (ie, going to bed) causes you to be very aware of your heart pounding. You then wake in the night feeling completely off your face as though you’ve been drugged and have been tripping out. Your heart sinks and you feel dreadful as you wake up.
    — Begin quote from ____

— End quote

1. Your lower gut is singing and not happy.
  2. By early morning you feel like a freight train ran through you. You feel “sick” and very flat and it’s impossible to keep your vision fixed on a point.
  3. As the new day progresses, anxiety begins and it feels like your fingers are plugged into a socket; there’s a buzzing feeling everywhere. Your hands shake. Derealisation is in full swing.
    8 ) Valium takes the edge off but all you want to do is sit in a dark room in silence and not move and pray that it will all end.

This is what Monday has been like. I can’t relax at all despite doing my best to ignore this craziness. Anyone esle get the above?

Thanks … Scott :?

— End quote

The water sloshing around in your head? I honestly thought I was the only one in the world that felt that- except it feels/sounds to me likes my brain is sloshing around in my head. It is VERY annoying and always happens when I am having a particularly bad day. It happens when I move my head, or move my eyes or just don’t move at all! The freight train hitting me…For me-it’s just mostly run over my head and my stomach. My eyes also feel very weird. I have often wondered if I am feeling my nystagmus.

I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad today. I can’t imagine that you are driving and having to pay attention to people. Please be safe. But I have to admit… I am happy I am not alone in this world with having sloshing noises in my head. I hope they stop for both of us.

Claudia

Hi Scott,

I’m really sorry your going thru a difficult time. Honestly…i cannot identify with most of the symptoms…except what you said about water being sloshed around in the head. I get that. Whether you want to call it water, energy…what have you…it sloshes around and has a mind of it’s own and this feeling will build so that i feel a bit out of control and very uncomfortable and irritable. My head does not feel very relaxed. I take medication and it helps to soften things up.

I sure things symptoms subside soon. By the way, i e-mailed you twice. :slight_smile:

Joe

Scott is this still going on?? Has any of this subsided?? This sounds like the day from hell buddy! I hope things have calmed down somewhat. I can relate to these symptoms individually, in other contexts, but definitely not in the way you are describing. The laying down and being aware of your heartbeat is an interesting one. This one gets me sometimes. Are you laying on a particular side or on your back? I can’t lay on my right side sometimes because my heartbeat is too loud. Do you have ANY idea what could have set this off?

Rich

— Begin quote from “scott”

1. Feelings of acute depression hit as the sloshing and general unwell feeling progresses.
  2. Lying horizontal (ie, going to bed) causes you to be very aware of your heart pounding. You then wake in the night feeling completely off your face as though you’ve been drugged and have been tripping out. Your heart sinks and you feel dreadful as you wake up.
    — Begin quote from ____

— End quote

1. As the new day progresses, anxiety begins and it feels like your fingers are plugged into a socket; there’s a buzzing feeling everywhere. Your hands shake. Derealisation is in full swing.

— End quote

These are some of the symptoms I feel to in addition to many others! I hope your days are getting better!
Sarah