Doctor surenthiran's MAV diet sheet

Thanks! Does anybody know what he means by “certain other alcoholic beverages”?

Here’s an article about alcohol as a migraine trigger:
https://americanmigrainefoundation.org/understanding-migraine/alcohol-and-migraine/

This diet is kinda doing me a favour as he keeps me away from the naughty stuff when i’ve got a wedding dress to fit into in July. I am terrible for a biscuit when i find them that don’t have milk in.
I love coconut almond Alpro but found that the Koko milk has got less naughty stuff so i’m being good. Christmas i missed the chocolate and with Easter upon us now :triumph:
I love Tesco for the free from range. They have a great range of yoghurts and i love the dairy free and egg free chicken katsu curry :yum: yummy.
I also have the egg free pasta. I tend to stick with the low fat and milk free crisps and the popcorn for a bit of sweet.
I struggle with pasta sauces as most have lemon juice in which is a definite trigger for me.
Can i ask, you mentioned the MSG’s. I know it’s the salt alternatives in the chinese food, but what am I looking for under the ingredients in other foods?

1 Like

Here’s a guide that provides the names of ingredients that contain MSG.
Hidden Sources of MSG.pdf (87.4 KB)

Thanks Anna. That’s a great help :smiling_face:

A post was split to a new message: Nortriptyline

Off-Topic!

8 posts were split to a new topic: Dr S has put me on this diet and prescribed 10 mg of nortriptlyne

Rather off-Topic!

Hi helsbels80. Are you following Dr S’s diet? As you don’t have to avoid eggs completely. You can eat things that contain egg like pasta or cake. He told me you can even have an omelette if you want, just don’t eat egg after egg. Just thought I’d mention it if it makes your life a bit easier.

1 Like

Hi Scottl,

Your message is very welcome as I’m currently sitting in Costa with my decaf coconut latte and ginger biscuits lol.
I have missed having a muffin and a good old bakewell slice.

Thank you for thinkin of me :grin:

3 Likes

Love Costa’s decaf coconut latte! :joy:

1 Like

My fave :yum:

1 Like

Hi Scott sorry for butting In on ur thread , but wondered if I could ask you some questions :slight_smile: I also see dr s . So eggs are ok? I also wondered when you were bad did you ever had this odd sensation where you felt spaced out and dream like? As odd as that may sound. I have just started ami at 20mg but not noticed much change yet . Just wondered how long at 40m it took to really feel a diff. Thanks so much in advance

Yes I had that out of body/ dream like feeling for ages. It’s horrible. My vision was really off too. I’d say it was maybe a couple of months after starting the meds that that I noticed that was getting better. Every time I upped my dose it made a difference. Then when I hit 40mg, after a while, started feeling completely normal. I still get off days but generally I’m fine.

I will say that getting better is a slow process. I didn’t notice a difference from week to week really. I’m not saying that to worry you, just to let you know what’s ahead. You have to be patient and kind with yourself. Not stressing about it is hard, but important. Stick with it and you’ll get there. Hope you start feeling a bit better soon.

2 Likes

And yes, Dr S says eggs can ‘be a problem for some people’. So I asked him to clarify that. You definitely don’t have to avoid things that contain eggs (cake or whatever) and if you can eat the odd egg if you’re ok with them. Every now and then I’ll have an omelette or something, but I wouldn’t eat them daily. Eggs aren’t t like cheese etc which a no nos.

1 Like

Guys, please don’t stray off Topic … look at the OP!

A point of interest. As of 2020, Dr Surenthiran’s six Cs have become seven Cs (because cured meat has gone into its own category!). Otherwise, I think, unchanged…

~

Dietary Measures – avoid the 7 ‘C’s

• Cheese and other dairy products including yogurt, fresh cream, sour cream,
    Buttermilk.
    Can have small amounts of milk. Goat’s cheese & milk, cottage cheese are also fine.
  • Caffeine – therefore decaffeinated coffee, tea, coke
  • Chocolate – not just chocolate but chocolate biscuits, cakes and drinks
  • Chinese food – MSG (remember MSG is also in a variety of other foodstuffs)
  • Citrus fruits and drinks – oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, clementines, lemons,
    limes, (and pineapples and bananas)
  • Chianti and other red wines, certain other alcoholic beverages
  • Cured meats – cured, processed meats

Other measures

• Regular sleep
  • Regular meals
  • No undue exertion / exercise
  • Avoid stress
    Also
    Freshly baked bread and Marmite which have higher levels of yeast
    Eggs can also be a factor in some people
    NB This list is not exhaustive and in a proportion of patients medication may also be
    required at some stage to control symptoms. Please also note that small amounts
    of the above foods / substances are not a problem. For example, if a particular
    food or product states that it ‘may contain dairy products’, ‘may contain eggs’ or
    has citric acid listed as a substance do not avoid it because of this.

~

4 Likes