Does anyone else see halos around traffic lights?

Howdy!

The people who are suffering from light sensitivity. Do any of you see halos around traffic and street lights (at night time)? In addition, are headlight abnormally bright compared to when you didn’t have MAV?

Thanks

Joe T.

JoeT,

I get flare, glare and halo’s on all lights

i see something like this - tim.fxhome.com/tutorials/optic01 … lare08.jpg

— Begin quote from “robertgreen99”

JoeT,

I get flare, glare and halo’s on all lights

i see something like this - tim.fxhome.com/tutorials/optic01 … lare08.jpg

— End quote

Yeah, I have that. Especially on a lot of car headlights and street lights.

Yes. I have problems with halos & glare around headlights & streetlights.it is much worse with MAV (VM) than not. However, this particular change in vision is also one of the pesky but normal"aging issues". It has something to do with how the eyeball changes shape as we get older. Sorry to not be more specific - I’m having a set of MAV issues at the moment. Eye docs have told me that that begins around 35-45. So, its normal on one hand but it can be caused by & made far worse becoz of MAV.
Molly

— Begin quote from “msmolly”

Yes. I have problems with halos & glare around headlights & streetlights.it is much worse with MAV (VM) than not. However, this particular change in vision is also one of the pesky but normal"aging issues". It has something to do with how the eyeball changes shape as we get older. Sorry to not be more specific - I’m having a set of MAV issues at the moment. Eye docs have told me that that begins around 35-45. So, its normal on one hand but it can be caused by & made far worse becoz of MAV.
Molly

— End quote

Cool, that makes sense. I’m pretty sure mine is all MAV related because my vision at night was perfect until MAV hit. It was pretty much an abrupt change.

Yes, I’ve noticed this too. Halos around headlights and lights at night. I have only had a 1 really clear clear day in the past two months. Clear of brain fog and dizziness that is.
I also tried on a pair of previous glasses (2-years old) and felt my vision was better. This is the first time ever my older glasses were clearer than my current.
Taking verapamil for the past 3 weeks and clearly something has changed in my vision.

— Begin quote from “sfnewbie”

Yes, I’ve noticed this too. Halos around headlights and lights at night. I have only had a 1 really clear clear day in the past two months. Clear of brain fog and dizziness that is.
I also tried on a pair of previous glasses (2-years old) and felt my vision was better. This is the first time ever my older glasses were clearer than my current.
Taking verapamil for the past 3 weeks and clearly something has changed in my vision.

— End quote

Hey there,

I’ve been on Verapamil for three weeks as well. When you say something has clearly changed with your vision…does that mean improvement or did it actually get worse? For example, has the Halo’s around traffic lights lights improved or gotten worse on Verapamil?

Here’s my experience on Verpamil: My first two weeks were kinda rough on Verapamil. I had more dizziness, eye pain and my eyes were even more sensitivity. It also felt like I was hanging upside down from the monkey bars because I had more blood flowing to my brain. However, it looks like the side effects are finally going away. I think I may be having some subtle improvement now.

— Begin quote from “JoeT.”

I’ve been on Verapamil for three weeks as well. When you say something has clearly changed with your vision…does that mean improvement or did it actually get worse? For example, has the Halo’s around traffic lights lights improved or gotten worse on Verapamil?

— End quote

Joe:
I feel like my eyes are much more sensitive to light since taking the Verapamil. I found a good solution: I purchased Theraspecs and I noticed a big difference right away. I wear glasses, so I purchased the WearOver Theraspecs. I am also checking with the company to see if they can make my regular Rx with the indoor coating. These make a hugh difference with halos and glare. My visual snow is down to zero with these on.
I am still very sleepy but not as dizzy. I am increasing to 120/120 tomorrow and have noticed I am much more tired the first weekend I increase the dose.
I hope this helps.

NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!

Theraspecs (US) WearOver Theraspecs (US)
More relevant eyewear here

Hey, thanks for getting back with me. I hope things improve for you on Verapamil. Those glasses look good. Probably more effective than my Gunnar computer glasses. I may have to give those a shot.

NB from admin: this image links to a product members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!