Drinking and meds

Do any of you ever try and have a drink on your meds now and then?. I am finding it really difficult to live a normal life without having a drink now and then. I feel like now that its summer everyone is bbqing and having margaritas. I feel like. I have no normal life anymore. I of course am afraid to drink and feel like crap. But also afraid to drink on the many meds im on. I guess im still hanging on to my old.life which i fear i will never have again. I just want to be normal and happy again. I am the biggest hermet now and all i want to do is be.social and active again but.i always feel like shit.
So anyway, back to my question does anyone ever have a drink and.is it worth it or does it make u feel horrible?

I will still have some drinks when I want, and I know there are many others on here that will as well. I think the key is moderation. We all know that we are not supposed to drink while on our medications, but I asked my doctor and he said a few are okay. There are days when I know the drinks will make me feel worse, so I have no interest in them. There are other days when I know i can tolerate them, and for the most part it ends up making me feel better. My suggestion is to drink lots of water after drinking. Think this helps a lot! I don’t think there is any harm in trying to “live” a little. It’s the least we can do for ourselves!

I haven’t drunk alcohol with MAV because I don’t want feel more drunk but I know people who have and apart of the normal hangover they have been ok. Not sure about the reaction with the meds though. Never asked my doctor as alcohol is off limits on the MAV diet anyway.

Notchoma, did you find gabapentin easy to start taking and with no side effects? x

the only time i feel normal is when having a few beers… its not a good way out i know, but occasionally a few beers are really a good thing in my view…

I guess this proves that anxiety is a big factor in my condition because when drinking I forget about my symptoms totally. whacky huh

richy if it makes you feel better temporarily i say go for it. A couple of beers is fine even on meds. we deserve some sort of relief, even if it is temporary and “wrong” as they say. If drinking made me feel better I would be doing it every night!!!

— Begin quote from “Jem”

I haven’t drunk alcohol with MAV because I don’t want feel more drunk but I know people who have and apart of the normal hangover they have been ok. Not sure about the reaction with the meds though. Never asked my doctor as alcohol is off limited on the MAV diet anyway.

Notchoma, did you find gabapentin easy to start taking and with no side effects? x

— End quote

starting off was a little rough. I got dizzier at first. I handled much better than any other drug i took though. i can hardly stand this nortriptyline. it is giving me really bad headches. like ER type headaches. i dont think i can last much longer on it.

at this point i dont think i will ever be able to drink again. i really want to have a normal life but i can barely function day to day. its been really hard.

I am on nori. Had a few headaches at the start but nothing too bad. What a shame it is giving you headaches rather than preventing them. What other meds have you tried? x

Just neuonton and now this o.e. i felt.better w just nueronton.

I have drinks 2-3 times per week after golf. As long as I don’t have more than 2 I am fine. After 2 is not so good. You could always try 1 and see how you feel after 1 and go from there. I find that alcohol mellows me out, but I am also at 98% most of the time which I’m sure has a lot to do with being able to drink a bit. Good luck… I hope things get better for you … x

— Begin quote from “Jem”

I am on nori. Had a few headaches at the start but nothing too bad. What a shame it is giving you headaches rather than preventing them. What other meds have you tried? x

— End quote

Sorry, i was typing on my phone and i have big fingers i guess. LOL. The only drugs I have tried is what I am on. I really responded well to the nueronton. I had up and down days still though. But i feel like i was better on it than the combo. I still cant tellthough bc i am only on day 8 of nortrip and I am still increasing dosage. I feel more dizzy again with the combo but it could be my body getting use to it. I also think i may have a cold or virus or something bc i am finding it hard to breathe. I am going to push through for another week and see how i am doing. I may also being feeling really crappy bc i am weaning off kolonopin and i think my body is going through withdrawl even by weaning slowly. man, i hate benzo’s. I want off it so bad. I am now at .25 now for 7 days and its been like hell. So who knows i think i have a lot going on. I am hoping for no more killer headaches today.

notchoma what is “the zapper” that you have on your profile?

do you have any balance/walking issues and have any of the meds helped with that?