Eating Outside: Staple food for VM sufferers

Since getting VM earlier this year, I largely avoided eating outside. Now, as we want to go on a trip, I will have to eat outside. Are there any suggestions on what can be safe? I am looking for large national chain restaurants that serve similar food everywhere just to be safe. for example, I can safely consume Chipotle’s burrito bowl with vegi options and no sour cream etc.

Stick to salads with protein and dressing on the side. Avoid sauces.

Try never to sit near screens.

1 Like

That can be tough, my go to is teriyaki places that will serve plain chicken/beef + rice, no sauce. But to get decent veggies/fruits, I stop by the super market. Not many places around here use MSG, but I suppose that could be an issue with teriyaki places.

I also like to bring food with me, or store it in hotel fridges. Mild chedder cheese + fruit works well for me, if I’m not confident in the local restaurants, I’ll just eat that. I buy lots of collagen powder with me and mix it with milk to make sure I’m getting plenty of protein. mmm…

1 Like

Which make collagen powder ?

Great Lakes, although I noticed Costco has a brand that I might try.

1 Like

Thanks Erik. Some protein powders upset my stomach and have wasted quite a bit of money sampling them.

1 Like

I like Great Lakes, too. I have a Primal Kitchen Collagen but it’s chocolate with something funky to sweeten it, maybe monk fruit. I’d like it better without the cloying sweetness. But then, I eat 90% chocolate, too. Not a MAV approved food, but I like it.

1 Like