Effexor insomnia ?

its a little odd, its like taking twice the dose no?

It is taking twice the dose.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Effexor has 5 hour half life so it kinda makes sense

Thanks @dizzy3, I feel a little better today nausea and diarrhea wise, last night woke up after 4 hours and sleep and then was in and out of it for the rest of the night.

I get the generic brand, my insurance seems to be super controlling with meds but after reading your comment I realize I can get the ones not covered by around $20-30 in my area so not bad

if you are in the US, you can you the app “Good RX” and find where you can get it cheaper and coupons in your area. That is how I get mine which is the tablet XR, since my insurance wont cover it at all. Glad GI issues are better. Be patient with insomnia. Magnesium glycinate at night helped me, didnt like any of the other sleep aids since they all have rebound effects, even melatonine.

For those taking Effexor who dealt with insomnia, did you take the Effexor in the morning or at night? I’m currently taking mine in the morning and dealing with insomnia but wondering if taking at night might be better…seems contradictory, I know, but maybe the drug takes longer to absorb in my body and I would be able to get my sleep in by time it would be in full effect. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

i take it in the morning, how long have you been taking it? i think the insomnia went away after 4-6 weeks

I’ve been taking it for almost 3 months now. The first 2 months on 75mg I slept pretty well. However since my latest increase to 112.5mg, I seem to wake up after about 3-4 hours of sleep and then just toss and turn. That’s been for about a month. How much do you take?

i took up to 150mg. I am down to 37.5 mg now. Maybe is the latest increase that needs to settle down for you. I did have some sleep issues at each increase, but they didnt last that long. Are you exercising? I also take magnesium glicenyte at night and it helps with sleep.

Funny you should mention it, I’m actually just purchasing magnesium Glycinate and going to start using today. And yes exercising daily. Can I ask what made you decide to decrease back down to 37.5? And have your symptoms remained under control?

good, i really like the magnesium. i gained over 20 pounds on effexor, and I sweat a lot on it, that is why i titrated down. I am still feeling ok. The rocking never went totally away even at 150mg, but it decreased so I am still there. I am confident I will hold on the progress :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you’re doing okay. I too am dealing with weight gain and have thought about maybe titrating down, but was worried I would lose my progress. So would you say you’re doing about the same symptom wise at 37.5 as you were at 150?

yes, but I was on 150mg for 8 months or so, so I wouldnt advise to go down until you feel in a good place to manage the remaining symptoms without meds or at a lower dose. I hope to go off of it in the next couple of months and I have titrated down over 3 months now. Slow!

2 Likes

Dr Silver of The Walton Centre in Liverpool UK writes he recommends that a preventative is taken for about one year … … The rationale is to aim for a longer remission. At that stage the drug should be withdrawn very slowly over about 4 months.

1 Like