Effexor questions please! Dosage, SE's

Hi all!

I went up to 75mg of Effexor XR on the 10th of this month. I take it only at night, 2 ea 37.5 mg. Was taking 25mg regular Effexor 2x a day, then made this move.

Started to get anxiety back along with tinnitus getting louder again. Thought maybe I should try 37.5mg XR last night instead of the 75, and today I just feel awful! Rocking, that whole “Standing on a canoe” thing I felt for months, worse than I have in well over 6 months.

What do you think I should do? Tough out the 75mg with my xanax and valium as needed, for a few weeks longer? Seems reducing made things worse. :cry:

I have also reduced my Verapamil, several weeks ago, from 120 2x a day to just 120 at night. Did not like the water retention and hot flashes. (Actually now think the flashes may be just me - I am 48 years old). Possibly I should go back to the 120 2x a day as well.

I just really hate taking all these meds, and am thinking maybe I was trying to reduce them too fast. There are no VM experts for me to talk to - you guys are it!!

Thanks so much for your time.

Kathleen