Effexor users..a couple questions for you

I am now on 150 mg of time-released Effexor per day (day 3). I am getting the wicked MAV head symptoms much like I did with the intial jump from 37.5 mg to 75.

What is your current doasge? Is it effective?

What are your side effects?

How long have you been on Effexor?

Man o man - I really want my life back…

I am on 75 mg of Effexor ER. Did you just ramp up to that or has it been several weeks? The reason I am asking is that Migraine like routine, so if you change your meds in anyway, it will cause your symptoms to be aggrivated for a bit. So, if you can, hang in there and give the med time to work its thing which is typically 6-8 weeks.

Keep us posted.
Pam

Pam - is the 75 effective for you?

I was on 75mg for 4 weeks and felt some hope for approximately 5-6 days 2 weeks ago. But that has since faded and I am right back in the dregs of this miserable condition.

Seems like a fairly big jump from 75 mg. to 150 mg. I started at 37.5, moved up to 75 and am going to pick up a prescription for 112. I started to feel a little better after being on 75 mg. a day for 6 weeks. Lately though some of the MAV symptoms have increased in frequency and intensity. You may want to consider asking your doctor to ramp down the dosage to 112 for a few weeks. Good luck to all.

Ed