Eyes dancing

When my eyes are closed, my eyeballs ‘dance’ about which makes it hard to settle to sleep. Just wondered if anyone has any tips for getting to sleep despite the dancing, please?

1 Like

Oscillopsia/vision flickering

I’d suggest you ask your doctor to expedite your ENT appointment. Sounds as if your symptoms are acute and currently very active.

1 Like

Thank you - I’ll call him. He’s quite laid back about it and before I found this brilliant forum and its resources, I had no idea how to gauge my symptoms. I rather assumed I had to be unable to walk and vomiting for him to refer me sooner. I think he’s hoping it’s just a post viral thing but I’ve had it nearly 3 months now. Thank you again. :bouquet:

1 Like

Yes well it’s easy for him. It’s you that’s suffering. Many people and I include myself in that just tend to adopt a Suffer and Get On With It attitude. Health Services are busy and the well I am doing too bad really mindset. With vestibular stuff UK doctors tend more than happy to ignore you/leave you to get on with it. My practice did for 12 years! Then I got more demanding. There’s no advantage to leaving you until you cannot walk. Believe me I have been there. In fact I think that is a positive disadvantage. It’s so much easier to get it to reset before it loses the ability to do so automatically. Phone him. Please do.

2 Likes

I get this too. My eyes have been the worst. They seem to be improving a bit now, but they are definitely worse when I’m lying down.

1 Like

Thank you! I have contacted him this morning and am waiting for a call back. :+1:t3:

Have you tried benadryl at night. Helps me get to sleep. I only take 1/2 as a full one knocks me out too hard.

1 Like

Thank you.