Floating Head Disease

I was going to go to bed but came across this when I was googling MAV .

“Check out migraine associated vertigo also, it is nicknamed the floating head disease.
It makes you so loopy, brain fog and out of it.”

Joe is probably saying “seeeee seeeeee!!!”
Joe, we have FHD now, too. :mrgreen:

Heather

I’ve also heard it referred to, in earlier times, as “floating woman disease” - I think one of Rauch’s video’s, plus other print sources. So it’s not a “new” illness, just relatively newly recognized as migraine-associated, I guess.

Oh I didn’t think it was a new disease Julie, I was being sarcastic. :smiley:
Hard to tell on the net when we can’t hear voices or see facial expressions.

I posted it thinking of Joe, since he and I have a lot of motion in the head.

I’m sitting here laughing that someone would call it floating woman’s disease.
Good grief.

Heather

I know Heather, I was just commenting more about the description “floating woman disease” I think that was an old time term which tells me this is nothing new. It just seems new to me :slight_smile:

Hi Heather…

I never heard our condition referred to as"floating head disease"…but that is pretty accurate. I rather call it “Jello Head”…LOL

By the way, the Verapamil seems to help me more with Tension than with the motion…have no clue why it can’t help with both???
:?

Joe

where can I read about this or get the video?

Jenny,
Steven Rauch’s website from Mass Eye and Ear.
meei.harvard.edu/shared/oto/rauch.php
Kira

thanks Kira.
ok thats the video you already sent me, sorry.
I only watched the mav vid not the others.
I’ll try and pay more attention next time, dough! oops dough!!
hehe
jen

Boy is that an appropriate discription.

When I was describing my symptoms to my oto neurologist I said I was lightheaded. He asked what I meant by that? I had to think, I said kind of like my head is… Then I wiggled my head back and forth, then I said… “Like my head is a ballon and my neck is a string… with occasional quick spins…”

He nodded and said “Migranes.”

That is a perfect description!

— Begin quote from “hmk123”

When I was describing my symptoms to my oto neurologist I said I was lightheaded. He asked what I meant by that? I had to think, I said kind of like my head is… Then I wiggled my head back and forth, then I said… “Like my head is a ballon and my neck is a string… with occasional quick spins…”

He nodded and said “Migranes.”

That is a perfect description!

— End quote

I never got the feeling that my head was floating, but instead, that my entire body was floating, and my head was what was providing my body with the boyancy. I used to call it a floaty/light headed feeling, but that confused the docs.

— Begin quote from “Brian B”

I never got the feeling that my head was floating, but instead, that my entire body was floating, and my head was what was providing my body with the boyancy. I used to call it a floaty/light headed feeling, but that confused the docs.

— End quote

I can identify with that insanity.

Heather

sorry, this has nothing to do with floating heads, i feel like my body is floating, not just my head. But when i was at my worst, it felt like i was walking on slippery mud. Anything I touched felt violently slippery. The kitchen counter, you name it, i just couldn’t stay in contact with anything. I would lie in bed and not even want to open my eyes - everything was moving back and forth so fast. Those were desparate days. Ugh!

Hi everyone, when I have a bad mig,
my head gently shakes up and down I have to steady it by putting my hand under my chin! :shock:
I dont know what you’d call it, but I’ve seen very old people have it.
It dosnt happen all the time .
jen

I agreed with the floating body. My head is too damn heavy to float!!!
But then I have chronic sinusitis. There’s fluid in there.

Heather

— Begin quote from “Heather”

I agreed with the floating body. My head is too damn heavy to float!!!
But then I have chronic sinusitis. There’s fluid in there.

Heather

— End quote

lol :smiley: