Full recovery

Hi everyone,

@moderator if possible could this be moved to success stories as I am unable to post there?

I just wanted to give an update coming into the New Year and hopefully spread some positivity!!

Following my last recovery post in June where I was at 95% recovery, just wanted to share that I feel I have made a full recovery from PPPD/vestibular migraine (shortly after my last post). The last time I had any real set back was in April 2023 for a few weeks, prior to going back onto the Ketogenic diet (which I now no longer need to do). I do occasionally, when run down or around time of the month, have a few spells of feeling slightly off balance (mostly only when walking) however this usually only lasts 1 or max 2 days, is sporadic throughout the day and I can more or less tune out of it, so I would realistically say the impact on my life is now 0%.

In my last post I attributed some of my success in overcoming this condition to diet - this is hard to conclude solidly but I do feel it had an impact.

Just want to remind everyone to stay positive, stay strong, and remember that you can overcome this!

Wishing a happy new year to all!!

4 Likes

Im so happy for you!! I’m currently considering trying the keto diet. Were you taking any meds/supplements as well? For how long were you on the keto diet and for how long have you been off of it without getting a setback in the dizziness symptoms?

Hi! So sorry that I missed this. I think all the answers to this are in my previous recovery post from a few months before (can’t remember dates off the top of my head). I experimented with medication (propranolol plus two different types dizziness) and supplements for quite a while, maybe six months or more but this made no difference. I’m still mostly symptom free now other than around time of month but this is minimal. Interested to hear how you got on with keto.