Gabapentin help!

Hello everyone! I am wondering if anyone can advise me about gabapentin??? I’ve been on it for 10 days now. It’s really messing with me! Lol. I am absolutely shattered, my vision is really blurry and jumpy, dry mouth and I feel like I’m about to puke. To add to all that I’m also 10 times dizzier than I was. I am determined to persevere and follow what Dr S has told me to do to the letter as I’m worn out with this dizziness. I’m wondering if anyone else has taken gabapentin and had improvements eventually after initial side effects?? Do these side effects wear off? Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank u! Xx

Hi DL,

Try contacting Muppo. It’s one of her drugs that works. Even though she said she would never return to mvertigo (we hope she will), I’m sure she’d help you out if you send her a PM.

Sorry to hear it’s a rough start.

S

Sorry to hear that! Dr s tells his patients that With treatment mav will get worse before it gets better. Thats side effects should go away so don’t quit!

Richy.F and jem both had lots of trouble with gabapentin. Try contacting them.

Hey darling! Yes me to! It took a good couple of weeks for my body to adjust. I’ve actually just gone up from 400mg to 500mg and this time it took a week or so to adjust, I find in the initial weeks when my body was getting used to it, I really had to be extra careful with diet, it over doing it etc etc. (all the things dr s tells as about!)
Hang in there honey xx

Thanks everyone! After being awake all of last night with the most painful stabbing headache, I have dropped the dose to 100mg and will stick there for a while before trying 200 again. Yuk. Xxxx