It’s quite a long winded story of how I’ve got here. Started on nortriptyline back in November - however ENT who diagnosed and prescribed didn’t really explain what this VM situation involved… all my questions I had at my appointment he told me to go away and research it… so that left me doubting the whole thing. Anyway I went on nort but only lasted two weeks because I couldn’t sleep - GP advised I come off it (however with knowledge I now have, I could have just taken it in the morning to see if that would have helped)
GP then started me on propranolol, had three attempts to get up to 20mg and each time I tried it completely wiped me out, so have stayed at 10mg on that. Then tried pizotifen and just half a tablet felt like a tranquilizer so I was advised by the GP to come off that straight away. Then after several months of no medication I finally got a call with Dr Surenthiran and i am now on the Gaba. I’m so desperate to try and stick with this in the hope it does what it needs and I’m hoping if I can just push through then hopefully the side effects I’m having subside. It’s so hard to know what’s best as you’re already feeling rubbish and you just don’t want to feel worse… and if it’s not the right medication it’s like delaying recovery, but you hear the stories of people feeling awful on a medication, pushing through and then they start to feel better. I have been on and off this forum reading up on the success stories for some inspiration these last few days, so I think I’m just having doubts and Looking to seek a bit of reassurance just now.
I had titrated up to 300mg on gaba but was feeling too spaced out so was advised to come back down to 200mg for 4 weeks and see how I go. I am following the HYH diet / 6Cs, on magnesium, coq10, B2, daily walks, meditation, CBT therapy - basically chucking everything that I can at this to get relief to move forward. X