Going back on Lexapro/Travelling to the US HELP

At the beginning of June I decided I was going to try and stop taking my meds because I was feeling great and I didn’t want to be taking something I didn’t need. We’ll it turns out I do need them, so I’m going back to my neuro asap to tell him about what happened and hopefully get a prescription SOON :frowning:
The other reason I tried to stop taking them is because at the end of the year (first week of December) I’m travelling to the US and staying for four months (I’m obviously not American) and I have absolutely no idea of how to do this with a BUNCH of neurological medication in my luggage. Do you any of guys have any idea how this works??

Here’s a link to some info from the US TSA website: tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/ … _1059.shtm

Also, this looks helpful. It’s from the US State Department: travel.state.gov/travel/tips/tip … edications

Bringing Medications or Filling Prescriptions Abroad

A traveler going abroad with a preexisting medical problem should carry a letter from the attending physician, describing the medical condition and any prescription medications, including the generic names of prescribed drugs. Any medications being carried overseas should be left in their original containers and be clearly labeled. Travelers should check with the foreign embassy of the country they are visiting to make sure any required medications are not considered to be illegal narcotics. (A listing of foreign embassies and consulates in the U.S. is available on the Department of State’s website at state.gov/s/cpr/rls/dpl/32122.htm. Foreign embassy and consulate contact information can also be found on the Country Specific Information for each country.)

If you wear eyeglasses, take an extra pair with you. Pack medicines and extra eyeglasses in your hand luggage so they will be available in case your checked luggage is lost. To be extra secure, pack a backup supply of medicines and an additional pair of eyeglasses in your checked luggage.

If you have allergies, reactions to certain medications, foods, or insect bites, or other unique medical problems, consider wearing a “medical alert” bracelet. You may also wish to carry a letter from your physician explaining required treatment should you become ill.

Information on filling a prescription abroad and other health issues may be found at travel.state.gov/travel/tips/bro … _1215.html.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Were you just on Lexapro? I have just started on this at a teeny dose (I dont tolerate meds easily). What dose were you on? How long did it take for you to start to feel the benefits?

Thanks

Christine