Good day!

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to know about peoples good days. Today was the first time in over two months that I can say “I had a good day”! The past couple of months have been just awful for me physically and emotionally and today I made it through both! I was able to walk by myself and do my therapy and pull some weeds in my garden and go to see the Physical Therapist and get a snack from the fridge, all this without getting a horrid headache!! I know tomorrow may be different but tonight I’m celebrating, emotionally not physically.

So did anyone else have a good day? Tell us your accomplishments!

FANTASTIC NEWS!! Do you usual feel dizzy. did that get better as well. Do you attribute the positive change to anything. so happy for you.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you, yes I have had that rocking, swaying kind of being pulled sensation pretty strong for the past couple of months. I have been so nauseas I had to do something! I have made some changes the past week I stopped the muscle relaxants, switched out whole milk for skim, stopped drinking those soy milk meal in a bottle things, stopped eating yogurt breakfast, started eating a little something every 3-4 hours, have a couple sips of coffee once or twice a day, got half the knots out of my neck and shoulders, and I have been on Propranolol for a full week.

My nerves are a big problem I think, this stupid vertigo totally consumes me and I haven’t been able to chill out much which of course makes the dizzies worse. The proprnolol is supposed to help with anxiety too so maybe it’s helping me in that area as well. I haven’t had a whopper of a headache in 5 days, just milder ones. Finding other dizzy people helps! I didn’t know all these strange and scary things happening to my mind and body are “normal” for vertigo sufferers.

So far today has started off well too, when I first woke up I almost felt normal, it was kind of scary actually but I can adapt to that feeling! Now I need to be patient and not freak if I have a setback.

How are you feeling?!?! I think of you daily, how far along are you, have you thought of any names yet? Your in my prayers.

Tammy

Tammy - that is great! what dose of propranolol are you on? that is great that you saw changes so quickly. This illness can provoke a great deal of anxiety and depression for sure.

I’m still the same. not feeling well at all. I am a little over 13 weeks now. I will find out the gender next month, and then will begin to more seriously think about names, etc. Thanks for asking.

— Begin quote from “TammyM”

Hi Lisa,

Thank you, yes I have had that rocking, swaying kind of being pulled sensation pretty strong for the past couple of months. I have been so nauseas I had to do something! I have made some changes the past week I stopped the muscle relaxants, switched out whole milk for skim, stopped drinking those soy milk meal in a bottle things, stopped eating yogurt breakfast, started eating a little something every 3-4 hours, have a couple sips of coffee once or twice a day, got half the knots out of my neck and shoulders, and I have been on Propranolol for a full week.

My nerves are a big problem I think, this stupid vertigo totally consumes me and I haven’t been able to chill out much which of course makes the dizzies worse. The proprnolol is supposed to help with anxiety too so maybe it’s helping me in that area as well. I haven’t had a whopper of a headache in 5 days, just milder ones. Finding other dizzy people helps! I didn’t know all these strange and scary things happening to my mind and body are “normal” for vertigo sufferers.

So far today has started off well too, when I first woke up I almost felt normal, it was kind of scary actually but I can adapt to that feeling! Now I need to be patient and not freak if I have a setback.

How are you feeling?!?! I think of you daily, how far along are you, have you thought of any names yet? Your in my prayers.

Tammy

— End quote

Glad you are having a better day. I wonder if the soy could have MSG in them which is a big trigger for most migraine rs. Also have you tried not drinking the coffee to see if that might help, I know it is hard but if it works might be worth a shot.

I think you might benefit from reading “Heal Your Headache” and seeing if trying his plan makes a difference for you. Plus with your medication it may be kicking in and starting to work.

Hope you have a good day and a good weekend. Feeling a bit better today…just pretty tired from the whole ordel this week.

Thank you Timeless,

I actually wonder if maybe it was actually the soy milk itself, it did seem to make me sick to my stomach, but that could be nerves, I had myself pretty worked up. I don’t know but I’m going to stay away from it and the Baclofen! As far as the coffee I haven’t drank it for months, NONE, and I noticed no difference. It might not be a trigger for me. I used to notice it actually helped my headaches sometimes but I drank so much of it (a pot a day) that it did bother my stomach.

Anyone know if stomach problems can cause headaches?

I’m glad to hear your doing a bit better, try not to get down it seems to make it only worse. Do you have a family to help you?

Lisa,
My dose of Propranolol ER is 60mg once a day. I take it at night. I haven’t noticed any real side effects other than it might make me a bit unsteady but that’s nothing new and I’m in bed. I actually slept for 6 straight hours. Oh how I hope I’m getting better! I want all of us to get better!! It just takes sooo long that it gets depressing. Are you feeling the baby butterflies yet?