Gut Issues & L-Glutamine Supplementation

*For those that don’t know Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body and the primary fuel source for the cells lining the small intestine.

Glutamine always seemed to help calm me and make my gut feel better, but now I’m wondering if this whole time that has been at the cost making my head feel worse. Glutamine has been one of the very few supplements that I have almost always taken, and by always I mean for the last 2 - 3 years. For the record I don’t take a very high dosage, only 2 grams every other day on an empty stomach.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of research done on it. Does anyone have any personal experience with Glutamine supplementation?

I’ve also read some conflicting information. Some say the those sensitive to MSG don’t need to worry about L-Glutamine supplementation since they’re two completely separate substances, but then WebMD says: “If you are sensitive to MSG, you might also be sensitive to glutamine, because the body converts glutamine to glutamate.” So I’m kind of lost.