Hardcore workout

Ok so lately I have been doing some hardcore exercises in the gym which leaves my body soar for 3 days and extra dizzy until the tiredness from the workout goes away which can last 2 days minimum as i am quite unfit. i know dr surenthiran advocates no extra streuous exercises and i can see why. however there are some on this board who have got better by forcing themselves to push ahead with their exercises routine no matter how bad they felt and eventually it paid off for them. so now i am confused and i dont know what to do? my muscles r soar all week cz as soon as i find relieve i do further exercises and i get soar and dizzy again so its a like a continuous cycle. i can push through it but its annoying. maybe i shud just focus on cardio and not work out my muscles? my personal trainer says that cardio will only make me lose weight but if i want to tone up i need to do some basic muscle training exercises which is what is causing the soarness. what do u all think?

Sometimes the hardcore workouts bother me like that, sometimes not . I would honestly rather be dizzy than out of shape, gain weight, etc…that’s just me. You could always try switching up your routines a bit? For example, try different forms of cardio on some days perhaps?

It’s hard, but I am finding my balance. Delayed onset muscle soreness tends to be worse 24-48 hours after the exercise is done. If the soreness is lasting more than 48 hours, I take that as a sign I pushed too hard and reduce the intensity. As far as dizziness goes, if I feel worse for more than a few hours post-exercise I will also reduce the intensity. So far this is working out for me.

I see what your trainer is saying, and I get it, but you don’t have to be sore for eons after a workout in order for it to have been effective. Alternating cardio and strength days could help you too. Do lower intensity cardio on odd days and a medium intensity strength training on even days, so you are giving your body a chance to rest without losing consistency. We are dealing with a chronic illness, so lifting super heavy or for a long time isn’t necessarily going to be the best option - making smaller but consistent improvements is probably the way to go for many of us.