Has anyone heard of Cervical Vertigo? Difficulty Driving?

In my quest to find out further while driving makes me so dizzy (see last post of mine), I found this interesting article by Dr Hain about Cervical Vertigo. Could it be that I and others here who canā€™t drive have? Hmm.

Thoughts? Insights?

When I went to vestibular rehab the VRT people said that they use a massager on a persons head and back of the neck, and if they become dizzy then it is a positive for cervicogenic dizziness.

Thanks for that information.

Do you know if itā€™s treatable?

Well, it would depend on exactly what is causing the problem. Typically it is seen more in folks with whiplash injuries. Some people have blood vessels into the head that arenā€™t clear enough. Physical therapy to strengthen the neck can help. Sometimes surgery might be needed if something is way out of whack, etc. I have difficulty driving and it is due to all the visual stimuli and not the movement of my neck. I do have arthritis in my neck and pain in the muscles. The VRT did help some and I think I am going to start doing some of the exercises again to see if it helps. They massaged my neck at therapy and I did exercises and that probably was part of it also. Everything is so interconnectedā€¦migraine can give you neck and shoulder pain and neck and shoulder pain can lead into a migraine. Tough cookie this stuff.

I couldnt use a massager on my neck, it made me dizzy. I found this article interesting, but same old thing, they cant really diagnose it properly and they havent really got a cure for it, seems like everything I get nowadays is the same :frowning:

One thing that is for sure, I wouldnt let anyone mess around with my neck. The squashed arteries sounds plausible, when I had a neck massage years ago, she stretched my neck up and to the right and I got vertigo.

Christine

Hi ā€“ check out this post. There was an abstract I posted on this here:

http://mvertigo.cloudapp.net/t/cervicogenic-vertigo/1900&p=17126#p17126

S