Has anyone tried the Zok device?

Has anyone tried this device for relieving ear pressure / fullness / sensation of fluid in the ear?
https://zokrelief.com

I’ve heard of a device coming out soon that directly stimulate the vestibular nerve, but not the tympanic. Seems kind of gimmicky and not well studied medically, but the price is right and they give a 60 day money back guarantee. Thanks for sharing, let us know if you try it.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this advertised and my doing anything with the ear scares me :scream: I think it’s great if it works for some… I guess it’s just that whole “Vestibular” aspect” of our condition that makes it unique and scares me to tinker with.

5 Likes

I got my MAV from pointing a shower at very low pressure into my ear. I would NOT recommend anyone went anywhere near this especially without discussing it with a qualified ENT or Oto-neuro.

2 Likes

Would be exceptionally interested to hear an ENT’s take on such a device.

1 Like

My hunch is it’s intended to clear pressure mismatches between the ears caused by ETD. I don’t know how safe that is.

1 Like

I’ve reached out to my neurotologist’s office to see what he says about the Zok. I’ll report back what he says.

I share the fear of sticking something in my ear that could potentially make something worse, and wrote to Zok to ask specifically about VM. I think if the eardrum is intact and there is no underlying inner ear disorder, it would be considered safe to try, but I’ll see what they and my neuro-OT say.

I also dug up an article about a different device–Nocira. They are doing clinical trials on their device, which will connect to a smart phone app, with earbuds, and deliver targeted puffs of air based on where you’re feeling pressure / migraine pain. I reached out to them to inquire about their clinical trials, and if they’re trialing for anyone with VM. Will let you all know.
https://nocira.com/

3 Likes

I would lay money they have never heard of VM.

Btw I used to work with a Veterinary Surgeon who always said you should never put anything in your ear or your pet’s ear that is smaller than your elbow.

3 Likes