Hello I'm Billie

Another newbie, found the site when googling Magrelief (recommended by a friend of my husband). Currently in the midst of vertigo for the umpteenth time. Prochlorperazine prescription hasnā€™t helped this bout and Iā€™m desperate to get life back to normal without walking into walls/ feeling like Iā€™ve drunk a bottle of vodka. I spent an evening at A & E last Friday when my GP decided I needed a CT head scan just incase Iā€™d had a bleed. Fortunately, itā€™s ā€˜justā€™ vertigo. Resigned to the fact that once youā€™ve had it, reoccurence is to be expected.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums Billie!

1 Like

Just in case you are not already aware. ā€˜Vertigoā€™ is not a diagnosis. ā€˜Vertigoā€™ is simply a symptom of another existing condition. A doctor telling a person with vertigo that they have ā€˜vertigoā€™ is the same as telling a person who is vomiting that they have nausea. It is not an answer. Recurrent vertigo needs medical investigation in order to try to establish a root cause which can then be addressed. Btw Prochlorperazine is an anti nausea medication and very effective Iā€™ve always found it to be. It should only be taken short-term over a very few days and although formerly described as being to treat dizziness has since been reassigned as an anti-nausea drug.

1 Like