Help me.

Than you so much for checking on me itā€™s been behold and going to bed every night has been fearful. I have but very broken and not a full night and waking up refreshed . I asked for another mri and cervical scan and results will be in tomorrow lunch time. Iā€™m anxious.

What is your plan if the MRI scans come back OK?

I dont know ;(

Itā€™s most likely coming back negative. The VM diagnosis makes sense as does trying lifestyle changes, diet and meds that can help control both anxiety and VM. You can get better but it takes hard work and willpower. You are at a low point now but it can get much better.

3 Likes

I am so strict with diet. I slipped once in 4 yrs and had mcdonalds. Never have chocolate coffee icecream anything and i crave it.

1 Like

Diet and lifestyle changes alone werenā€™t enough for me either. I didnā€™t get back any semblance of quality of life until I had my third drug trial. Then things really improved.

How did the MRI go Ane?

All clear and so was.my neck all clear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok I have a q. Can chronic tinnitus fluctuating ear pressure and pain also fluctuating noises and hearing for a few min be vm? Then be ok and sleep well( as vertigo is mainly in my sleep or when Iā€™m overly tired or a car next to me reverses the list goes on then) for 3 to 6 monthā€™s and it all come back again. Also eat whatever I want and not have vertigo. Is this all vm?

We havenā€™t spoken in a while. Welcome back. Yes, those are all common VM symptoms. For a lot of people VM can be episodic for a long time. Usually folks find their way here when itā€™s become chronic. Outcomes are generally way better for people who get treatment during the early episodic stages.

Im episodic. Have been chronic. But episodic now. I feel the ear pain then fear the vertigo in sleep will strike. So take meds when I feel ok. I get heart thumps ectopics so to scared to try them and dr said if episodic to live with this on and off. Thereā€™s never no being free of it forever is there?

I think some people do get free. I donā€™t expect Iā€™m one of those. :confused:

If Iā€™ve had it episodic 11 yrs could I be? Had my ears tested so many times they say in fune but I get so many noises pressure and pain

Could you be free of VM? You can reduce symptoms and get to where itā€™s just a background issue but it takes permanent lifestyle changes and for, most people, prophylactic medication.

1 Like

Mines episodic and I eat what I like Iā€™ve tried restricting it all. When it happens it happens. Itā€™s background but it it normal to be background for 5 mths then return for 2 then same thing forever? I take.no.meds alao

Pretty common VM progression. I was episodic for decades before it went chronic two years ago.

I feel like I had chronic in 2015 donā€™t scare me . Lol also do you suffer alot of stress have hypothyroid amd on thyrpxine or suffer ectopic heart beats?

I get palpitations sometimes. I dropped my workload recently because Iā€™ve been under high stress for years. Yes, I am hypothyroid, among a long and comprehensive list of co-morbidities.

Somehow feel doing rai on my thyroid caused all of this.

We all have something we suspect, but I think itā€™s an existing genetic predisposition that got triggered - and maybe always would have been triggered.