How long do you go dizzy for?

Hi everyone,

I have been dizzy or the last 3 months, everyday. It is getting much better but its going on and on and on! My doctor think I have VM but he is not sure. I just want to know, when you go dizzy, how long does it usually last for?

I think the reason my attack has gone on for so long is because I am getting migraine after migraine. But 3 months just seems like a very long time… is the normal for Vestibular Migraines?

Thank you.

T J

I was dizzy for 6 months until meds kicked in - no respite at all. I think this is unusual, but certainly not unheard of

It has been over four years constantly to varying degrees. Only got diagnosed this year and started meds.

I’ve been dizzy since March although some days have been better than others. I intend to start meds soon.

I think a number of us are going on over a year (or several years), and quite a few in the several months range. I think we are the minority as far as the general population goes, but it’s certainly not unheard of.

When i have my episodes of dizziness it can last a few minutes at a time, or it can last days/weeks/months on end. Initially i was dizzy 24/7 for 6 months and that was 15 years ago. then it resolved and it has come back in episodes lasting weeks or months at a time.

This May will be my 3rd year of it. My routine is pretty much mild in the morning, worse through the day (worst at lunch time for reasons I can’t explain) slowly gets better through the afternoon, back to mild in the evening. Severe weather changes will throw me for a loop through.