How many of these symptoms do you have?

Scott…here’s the problem.

The sickest folks looking for the most answers are on “General Discussions.” Many are asking questions about symptoms which could clearly be MAV or a vareity of other things.

This is a MAV board. I get it. If I had gone to Mass Eye and Ear and never met my lyme doc, I’m sure I would have been (incorrectly) diagnosed with MAV, like many folks here have been. There is no test for it. If you don’t have meneires and you have certain symptoms you get the MAV diagnosis.

For some the treatment works…they have MAV. Great for them!

For many, the treatment doesn’t work. They want answers and guidance, but don’t know enough to look other places.

I’m just trying to get people to think. No need to get all hostile and threatening.

there are people on here who have been given a MAV diagnosis and it is just plan wrong for some…not for all, but for some it is. They aren’t getting better. They don’t know they should fire their doctor if they don’t improve…so they stick it out for years, being disabled. It doesn’t have to be this way.

Don’t banish us to the back of the newspaper where no one will see us.

And for all the folks who have MAV…I do want to ask…what is causing it? There is a ROOT CAUSE. MAV doesn’t happen by itself. Something is causing it. Don’t you want to try and find root cause?

BCB –

It’s a simple instruction and it has been explained to you. It’s not hostile and threatening; it’s annoying when people like you don’t pay attention. Keep it in this forum.

If you do not like the rules then please feel free to leave and post somewhere else on the web.

The root cause of Migraine is in the genes – it’s migraine 101. Where have you been? Read the information on this. I’m starting to think Lyme disease destroyed your frontal lobe. I’m surprised that you have missed such a very fundamental concept about migraine disease. Perhaps you’ve spent too much time drinking Lyme Kool-Aid.

Scott, definitely genetic. My dad has MAV, me and last year a cousin on that side got diagnosed and we all share the same miserable symptoms. How’s that for hereditary! We are a dizzy family. A reunion could be interesting.