I feel better in the evenings/night - anyone else?

I just wondered, does anyone else tend to feel better during the evening/night? From about 4pm my dizziness tends to improve.

I remember feeling this way when I had vestibular neuritis in 2011. The same experience of feeling horrendous during the day and better in the evening returned when I became decompensated earlier this year and it kicked off VM. I am very light sensitive (always have been to a large extent, but particularly when my dizziness is bad) so I attribute it to this.

You bring up an interesting point about the light sensitivity as I feel way better in the evening. I get tons of energy and feel pretty normal. I’m now wondering if it’s because of the light issue. I know other people that feel much better in the evenings that have MAV.

I am usually better in the evenings/night as well, but I’ve never been especially light sensitive. I wonder what the explanation is.

I generally feel better in the evenings, but chalk it up to not having been laying down for a while, and because I have a good amount of food in my system. I think it takes a bit of time for my head to readjust to being upright from a sleeping position. Also, food/not eating is a trigger for me. Generally, once I’ve made it through lunch time, I’m feeling better. And, unless I’m really tired, I feel fairly normal (in terms of balance) in the evenings. (I do have light sensitivity, but haven’t noticed it ramping up (or down) any of my other VM symptoms.)

Thanks for all of your responses. Glad it’s not just me!

The 4 pm time caught my eye, because in the earlier years of my dizziness, before I started taking Strattera in 2004 (which evened me out wonderfully), I had a definite circadian rhythm to my dizziness/brain fog.

I’d be OK upon waking up; an hour or two later hit with the worst fog and wooziness of the day (about 9:00 a.m.), it let up a little around 11:00 a.m., slammed again about 1:00 or 1:30, then at 4:00 p.m. almost on the dot, suddenly, within about a minute, the fog would lift and my head would feel clear! It was really strange.

That blessed good effect would last for an hour or two at most, then more wooziness, then after 9:00 or 9:30 at night I would feel quite good, clear-headed and finally able to work uninterrupted (at my freelance editing projects) for two or three hours.

But the 4 p.m. SUDDEN lifting of the fog was so amazing.

Don’t you think this must have something to do with hormones that fluctuate during the day?

I don’t believe it had anything to do with mealtimes, because I never kept to specific mealtimes except that I always ate breakfast.

Nancy

Yes, I am generally better from 4 pm on also. I am usually home from work not long after, and my job redefines what stress means, so I often wonder if that has a lot to do with it.

Weirdly, this has now completely reversed itself for me and my dizziness gets progressively worse as the day goes on, reaching its peak in the evening. Really really odd.