The Migraine Associated Vertigo Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

John Carey - migraine management presentation

Hi All,

James put me onto this presentation that was given back in 2007. Still very timely and well worth reading through. I finally have a name for my shower induced migraine headaches for example – called “cutaneous allodynia”.

James, you asked what the mechanism was for the creation of dizziness in the affected migraineur in another post. The answer is in this presentation.

http://www.mvertigo.org/ppt/Carey_migraine_management2007.pdf

Scott 8)

At least your condition has cute in the description.

I actually found this when I cut and paste the description on the squidoo woman’s webpage and googled it.So I guess this is where she found it.
I think you know the woman I am speaking of.I was hoping to get some elaboration or a better explanation.

I think I am going to get a dog and name it allodynia.

:lol: Funny name for a dog!

Who would have thought something good could have come from that Squidge site! Glad you found this. :smiley:

Thanks for sharing, guys. I balked when I looked at the length, but it’s so informative, it really goes quickly! :slight_smile:

A very good read. Thank you James and Scott.

I liked what it had to say about diet, how that the effects may come immediately or even days later. Just confirms to me what I already knew from personal experience but that seemed a bit unusual.

I found the yellow text on purple background a bit of a visual challenge though! :smiley:

Brenda

Thanks for sharing! Very comprehensive and helpful in understanding migraine a bit more.