Lamictal

I’ve read a couple threats on people using Lamictal,but there doesn’t seem to be a lot on it. I don’t think it’s favored in Heal your Headache or even mentioned and most Neuros don’t seem to like it.
That said I’ve had a really good experience so far and am curious of others. Been on a low dose for almost 3 years. I wanted off topamax and was able to convince my doc to let me try upping my lamictal dose. I originally found out it helped when I was prescribed for mood stability and I found after a month my vertigo got better after a couple more months I noticed progressive improvements.
I’m no longer prescribed for stability,but kept it in my cocktail at 50mg. Getting of topamx last week and and thought I was doing well until a couple days in the vertigo, head head, static vision started kicking in. Began my increase to 75mg on lamictal and within the day significanty reduced symptoms and was back to normal by day 3 on the new dose. It may stop working or cause some issue and not workout,but wanted to share that it’s been a good experience so far. Side effects are close to nothing compared to topamax as long as a rash doesn’t crop up. Would love to hear good or bad experiences with the drug from others.

1 Like

I have no personal experience of Lamotrigine at all but there are quite a few on here I noticed. However as you say it doesn’t appear to be very popular. I suspect that might be because of that rash side effect. I did once read a paper saying it should a first choice for doctors in cases of VM where the vertigo/dizziness was the main symptom. Your progress on increasing will be interesting.

1 Like