Lauren Kossack's Blog

Yep, unfortunately none of the treatment seems to offer overnight success …

Twenty four hrs ago I’d have agreed with you, but

Then last evening I read @borninmissouri’s post on amitriptyline under ‘really struggling could anyone help’. And now I’m wondering if he/she has hit on the magic formula we are all seeking. @turnitaround you said amitriptyline started working for you four days in but they seem to have topped you there! Amazing.

my Amitriptyline stories don’t end there … when I first took it it gave me euphoria … I was so happy I went for a 20km run and as part of that went for a sprint … and totally pulled my shoulder and was in total agony for days! Great drug! :smiley:

Well it was bound to be the other wonder drug alongside Effexot cos it’s the two drugs I have counterindications for and aren’t even allowed to take it seems, so that figures. Propranolol is good to me. It’s just it took 8 months to really really kick in with me. I’ll try not to hold that against it too much. Helen

1 Like

Hopefully the reasons for these differences in effectiveness for different people will come out in time …

Only thing I found when taking ami is within days my rocking had stopped but it made my heart rate go mental so after 10 days I stopped however I took nort for 4 months got up to 40 and saw little to no change the rocking got worse this baffles me till this day as they’re meant to sister drugs . I see my gp next week and I will most likely keep going higher I saw a success story on here of a lady who went to 240mg and was recovering so now I’m thinking maybe it’s a case of going higher than swapping

I believe Ami is a stronger vestibular suppressant (and one of the only ones you should take chronically). That may be why.

https://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/practice/drugrx.html