Like switching the light on and off

Iā€™ve been experiencing a new symptom here.
While Iā€™m half asleep or half awake, eyes closed, I sometimes get the sensation that some one is switching the lights on and off, like really quickly.
But of course itā€™s dark in my room and no one is there.

Anyone has this too?

Hi BW,

I have had this, its like a light in your vision even though your eyes are closed?

Sometimes it last a few minutes, its like my own personal disco that nobody else can seeā€¦ very weird!

I get this too. I also get flashy lights when I walk into a dark from from a light one/being outside. Iā€™m so anxious and panicky at the moā€¦arrrggghghh

Yes a light even though my eyes are closed and Iā€™m in the dark, and it goes on and off.

Sometimes I think Iā€™m going bananas.

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œbelgianwaffleā€

Yes a light even though my eyes are closed and Iā€™m in the dark, and it goes on and off.

Sometimes I think Iā€™m going bananas.

ā€” End quote

hahaā€¦ glad its not just me! :shock:

For me it is like someone is running a flashlight past my eyes while they are closed. Once I even yelled (wellā€“in that, Iā€™m 1/2 asleep sort of ā€œyellā€) at my husband to ā€œTURN OFF THE BATHROOM LIGHT FOR CRYIN OUT LOUDā€

He wasnā€™t even home from his night out playing cards yet and the room was dark as it could beā€¦

Iā€™ve had it a few times since then. Doc says it is part of the occular migraine spectrum.

Such a picnic this thing isā€¦

But my GOD how nice it is to know that there are otherā€“real and not crazy people out there who are experiencing some of these exact and off the wall things!!!

You guys have NO IDEA how marvelously calming youā€™ve been to me over the past few months!!! Just knowing that Iā€™m not the only one with these weird symptoms----down to the conversations about "bathroom dizzies :lol: " it is SOOOOOO great to have you here!!!

I get this too, when I switch the light out to goto sleep. Itā€™s like a flashing and flicking for a while, until I drift off.

Itā€™s like itā€™s some kind of (visual) indication of the ongoing migraine activity we have, and makes me wonder whether itā€™s there all the time - itā€™s just that with our eyes open we canā€™t see itā€¦?!

Tony.

I have this too sometimes, itā€™s actually quite reassuring to know this is a MAV symptom, makes me not so paranoid about other things :wink:

1 Like

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œTeeCeeā€

I get this too, when I switch the light out to goto sleep. Itā€™s like a flashing and flicking for a while, until I drift off.

Itā€™s like itā€™s some kind of (visual) indication of the ongoing migraine activity we have, and makes me wonder whether itā€™s there all the time - itā€™s just that with our eyes open we canā€™t see itā€¦?!

Tony.

ā€” End quote

I wondered the same Tonyā€¦ this must pretty much rubber stamp that we are suffering from MAV!

1 Like

A flashlight thatā€™s it!! A private disco! All of that!

Glad Iā€™m not alone in this.

I donā€™t have an official dx yet but itā€™s reassuring to read these replies.

@dolfnlvr: youā€™re bathroom story made me laugh :smiley:

1 Like

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œRichyFā€

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œTeeCeeā€

Tony.

ā€” End quote

I wondered the same Tonyā€¦ this must pretty much rubber stamp that we are suffering from MAV!

ā€” End quote

I reckon, although I know 100% for sure mine is MAV because I once (only once mind!) had a visual aura ā€˜blindspotā€™ that grew and grew and completely freaked me out, because I worried it was a Topamax side-effect - Tom @ DizzyTimes came to my rescue with a great link that showed ā€˜mock-up videosā€™ of the aura and one matched mine almost exactly!

But I find the visual flashing at night kinda eerie - like an old computer circuit with some lights attached that flicker showing strange electrical activity! [Guess I have an overactive imagination]! :wink:

1 Like

Thatā€™s really strange, I thought this was normalā€¦ Iā€™ve had this from ever since I can remember (mostly as a teen)ā€¦

1 Like

ā€” Begin quote from ____

You guys have NO IDEA how marvelously calming youā€™ve been to me over the past few months!!! Just knowing that Iā€™m not the only one with these weird symptoms----down to the conversations about "bathroom dizzies " it is SOOOOOO great to have you here!!!

ā€” End quote

@Dolfnlvr

To be honest, when I started that ā€œdoing businessā€ thread I figured people would say to themselves, ā€œguys a total nut-job.ā€ Lo and behold, seems everyone on the board is falling off the commode!

Who knew! :shock:

Andy

1 Like

Yes! I get this too! Iā€™m having it right now. I only see it in the light. But it looks like the lights are shorting out, like right before a power outage occurs.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been getting this too. Sometimes Iā€™ll also get a strobe like flashing in my peripheral vision. My MAV has really flared up lately so thereā€™s that too.

1 Like

Yep, have had that as well. Like someones headlights briefly flashing in my peripheral, especially at the end of the day and getting into bed.

2 Likes

Sometimes I get the rare craving for chocolate and even though I know better I give in because well, life is short. I will without fail get flashing lights my dizziness will be off the mofoinā€™ charts. I was originally diagnosed with Meniereā€™s based off an ECOg, but Iā€™m having far too many neurological symptoms. Or maybe Iā€™m the lucky would who has both. Never had a full blown vertigo attack in the year Iā€™ve been dealing with this. Thank GOD. Blessed :pray:.