Looking at Pictures

Hey Joe,
This is as much as I can muster without sounding as vain as I truly am,
I’m not as eloquent as Juls,
Yes I look like hell. I’m tired withered and haggard.
I try to run from cameras, but then I’ve never liked them.
This stupid Mav has shocked my system and taken away my metabolism,
I use to be 48 kilos my whole life even 3 months after giving birth.
Now I’m turning into a sad sack.
That happens to couch potatoes.
With no life.
When we all get better we can, get a personal trainer?

jen

— Begin quote from “jennyd”

Hey Joe,
This is as much as I can muster without sounding as vain as I truly am,
I’m not as eloquent as Juls,

— End quote

Are you kidding me? Your posts are pure poetry, Jen, you just don’t see it.

— Begin quote from “joseph0952”

People say…well it could be worse or you could have a different kind of illness which could be a nightmare??

— End quote

Are you serious?! Anyone who would be rude enough to say that to you has NO IDEA what you have been through and are going through. If someone had said that to me i would be outraged as well as deeply hurt. i’m sorry you ever had to hear those words. I guess I know that people often think that about me, but don’t say it, and maybe that’s why I stay away from them.

One of the things William Styron said in his book Visible Darkness was to be careful who you told. When you’re sick, you’re fragile. People say the stupidest things about what they don’t get and can wound you deeply. A former close friend of mine has irreversibly damaged our friendship over the past year by saying stupid things. Not just one stupid thing, weekly, or at least biweekly stupid things. What’s left of our friendship will never be the same.

Another friend of mine said, when we were talking about this general topic “why do people always want me to compare my life to 9/11 in order to feel good about myself?”

One really good lesson I’ve learned over the past year is to never judge someone without having walked in their shoes. you can never know what they’re going through. My husband has lived through this with me, but was still shocked to see the ABC video that Jen posted for us. He said, “Oh My God! Now I get it - you pass that along to everybody you know!” And then he cried for me.

Julie

wow , Ok I just tried to go to bed and Hubby who only just last week accused me of snoring like a train,
Is doing just that so I’m up at 1.50 in the am.
I’ve already taken my morontin and love this convo.
Jules and everyone.
Nobody ever wants to hear bad stuff, have you ever noticed, when you ask HOW are you to a co worker of acquaintance, if they go into the truth for more than 25 seconds ,we tend to turn off mentally, its so wrong, I’m have been guilty of this, . I try not to anymore.
Lets face it we all want to be nice, but deep down we are really just shit heads.
Excuse my rudeness.
I have learned to be choosey about who I befriend.
:mrgreen:

oops my morontin really has kicked in .
hehee

You’re right Jen, we’ve all been the “people” that we’ve also been complaining about - just human. But hopefully we learn a little along the way.

Hope you finally got to sleep :slight_smile: