Lots of Walking

Hi Everyone,

I put my Gym on hold for 3 months and the last few weeks i decided to purchase a Pedometer and begin walking in a beautiful parkā€¦ between 1-3 miles nearly everyday. My MAV is still there but it seems it has helped with my Equilibruim and i have more energy and in geneal feeling better. The pedometer i purchased tells me how many Calories iā€™ve burnedā€¦how many steps iā€™ve taken and how many miles iā€™ve walked. So iā€™m enjoying this. Even lost some weight. :slight_smile:

Does anyone else do alot of walking for exercise?

Joe

Hi Joe,

Personally I would always find doing exercise outside much more beneficial that being stuck inside a building. I find the fresh air really clears my head. I do a mixture of walking (most days) and running (2 or 3 times a week). Iā€™ve always tried to keep up with doing exercise, apart from times when Iā€™ve been having really terrible spells and couldnā€™t manage it. I think it makes me feel better physically (in particular I get very lethargic when I donā€™t do anything) and also mentally.

I have a pedometer too. Itā€™s a really good way to motivate yourself. When I see days when Iā€™ve only done a couple of thousand steps, I go out for a walk in evening if I can!

Great news about the weight loss too :slight_smile:

Hi Beech,

Thank you very much! Being inside a gym i tend to get a bit bored and if iā€™m not having a very day from dizzyness issuesā€¦ the machines (thread mill, stair master, etc) donā€™t make it any better so walking at my own pace in a very pretty sceneryā€¦open space, some beautiful treesā€¦lots of green, fresh airā€¦for some reason that is giving me more motivation + the Pedometer is like the icing on the cake. As i walkā€¦every now and then i take a peek at my pedometer and notice the calories being burned off and the increase of steps taken, etc. So itā€™s a total motivator for me! My energy is improved, equilibruim appears to be better and just my overall being is a plus. I will continue with this type of regular day exercise and see where it takes me. If nothing elseā€¦the exercise is very good for the body. :slight_smile:

Thanks for listening to me.

Joe

ps the question now is ā€¦do i purchase a Ipod?? :slight_smile: